Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday update

Dr Shankaran called this morning and said that she really wanted Glenn to get in for his PET/CT, the conference with the Radial Oncologist, and to get the Port put in. I asked her if she thought we could get started with his treatments by the 12th of October and she said she wanted to get started before then. We are hoping that treatments will start by the 5th.

We are bottling grape juice as we speak, but we would drop the whole process in a heart beat if we could get in and get those tests done.


We have decided for sure that we are going to the UW for treatments. We think this will be best as he will have a team working together. The team has already made some amendments to the original proposal. The changes are Chemo and Radiology together for 5 days a week for 5 weeks. One of the drugs will be in pills, the other will be through the port one day a week. Radiology will be all 5 of the days.

We are hoping and praying that his body will be able to withstand the bad side effects of the radiology and the Chemo.

His surgery will come 3 to 6 weeks after the end of the treatments. Then he will again have Chemo, we will know more about that when the time comes.

8 comments:

Danielle said...

This info makes me cringe. We are praying specifically that Dad's body will be strong and not so sick during the chemo and radiation. Seriously...we're really doing this?!

Deanna/Mimi said...

I have been reading your blog and that is how I found out about Glenn. My prayers are with him and with you Kathy. I love reading about your faith, your testimony, your love for the Savior, the gospel, your family. You are a remarkable woman and have been very blessed. I know that God our Father is in your corner and all will be well.

I started a blog a few weeks ago. No pictures, but you are welcome to visit it. Just go to Sharon's blog and you will see me listed there as "Mimi's Moments"

Hugs, Deanna Hirz (Mimi..what my grandchildren call me.)

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Thanks for the update and as always we will continue to pray to give Glenn strength!

Davis Flash said...

I just got caught up on your recent blog postings, looks like all good news. I am sure Glenn will go through it well, he strikes me as one tough cookie.

Please keep the posts coming -- we are praying for you both.

Kimberly said...

Whoa, that's a lot to swallow! Ok. This is big!! I'm glad I decided to be strong a long time ago because this is trying to weaken me! I hope I can help in any way possible!

hennchix said...

I am glad the doc's are being aggressive (oh my gosh! I totally spelled that out in rhythm to the cheer from high school! remember- be aggressive, b e aggressive, b-e-a-g-g-re-s-s-i-v-e)HA!! I know it will be very hard, but the pres. can do it! Praying for you all!

Kathy’s Korner said...

THANKS FOR THAT GREAT CHEER AND TO ALL OF THE REST OF YOU FOR YOU WONDERFUL PRAYERS AND SUPPORT!

Venice said...

Life does have a way at throwing a curve at us and now you are experiencing one of those. You both are such a great example of dealing with adversity with strength and optimism. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Kathy, if you would like some help in the yard, give me a call. Love you. Venice