Monday, September 14, 2009

Elders come and Elder goes, and Elder comes.

We have had the missionaries living with us for three months! At first I thought I would never get used to it. It was such an invasion of my space. Now it feels normal and natural. We will probably miss them when it is time for them to go. The above picture is them waiting for the French toast to cook. They are very independent and we don't have to cook for them. Elder Acosta was being transferred so I asked if I could cook a breakfast for them.
We learned to love Elder Acosta and we were sorry to see him go. He was a good missionary and had a very dry and fun sense of humor. He lost over 30 pounds when he was here. He worked out very hard and was very disciplined in his eating. Diet tip,,,,he drinks grapefruit juice every day. Hmmmm

Our new missionary's name is Elder Scoggins. Clark calls him Elder Scotty. Clark told him his name was spelled wrong on his name tag and that is must be because it was in Spanish. What does go through that kid's head?

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Yeah, nothing says welcome to the nut house like shoving a camera in his face!

Elder Acosta did have a pretty dry sense of humor. His face stayed so stoic that it was hard to tell if he was joking or not.

Thanks for loving those Elders, Mom!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I love Clark's interpretation of the whole world. I love to hear him explain things. How funny. He could be right you know. Maybe we have been spelling that name wrong all these years :)

Birgitta said...

That Clark is funny...but you know he's right!

Maybe I should try the grapefruit tip. Do you think it would work? I will try anything if I don't have to exercise!