Thanks to Glenn's dedication and tenacity, we now have a blue pool. Just in time to shut it down for the winter! He faithfully tests the chemicals in the water and adds more. Billy at the pool place has made herself available, even after hours to walk us through this. We had lots of problems, but one big one was that we had put too much conditioner in the pool. We did that on our own! She was not going to leave us on our own again for one more minute and we appreciate her walking us through this and holding our hands every step of the way!
To see how far we have come, check out "green pools".
Below are some of many many boxes of chemicals that we bought to kill the algae and to get the chems right in the pool. The bags of sand for the filter are on the right.On September 5th, Glenn got up early, Shane came over and the two of them cleaned out the sand filter. It took about two hours. Thank heavens for good friends. They had a good time.
While they were cleaning the filter, Shane's kids came over and we had a blast. We had breakfast on the deck. They love to play in the yard and make them selves at home and I love it too! The 6 year old got out the big doll with the doll clothes and the doll stroller and she was in business. The two year old just went along and wondered around and was content to be a part of it all. The Eight year old loves the animals and plants, sadly though, she got stung by a bee. She was such a brave girl.
Then we had a fun "lemonade" party. I gave them a picture of lemonade, corn chex, chocolate chips and I don't remember what else. They wanted me to join them and I realized that I had been running around just to keep all the stuff going. I did sit with them for a minute or two and the lemonade was really good.
When the filter was clean, Shane took the baby home and I kept the two girls. We made carmel pop corn and enchiladas for a ward picnic, the girls wanted to stay and help me. Then we painted their fingernails with 5 different colors. It was a blast!
I love this bottom photo. We are at the picnic and this is Clark, Kyle, Glenn and Brian Barlow all talking pregame talk about the big BYU/oklahoma GAME! GO COUGS!
That was one day in our life which seems like a million years ago.
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
4 comments:
Isn't it amazing how little things that go wrong are so incredibly irritating and then some man comes along and fixes them. Yep, I am enjoying having a man...fix things! :) Love Ya!!!
I love the little details of this post. The fingernails, the cleaning of the pool, the pregame talk, the making of enchiladas and carmel popcorn.
Congrats on the blue pool! How fun to spend time with the kids. I'm sure you miss your own grandkids.
Yeah the pool is blue again. What an adventure you have had. Just imagine all the lessons learned this summer through the "pool experience." Lessons learned are so valuble in our memory banks.
Post a Comment