This past week end we drove to Utah so that Glenn could ordain Seth to be a High Priest. He was called to be the 2nd counselor in the bishopric. I had my camera with me in my purse, but I left my purse in the car. We were to Boise before I remembered that I didn't get a picture of Seth and his dad. :(
As I sat looking at Seth on the stand I knew that our other sons, Jeremy and Erik, were worthy and capable of this same calling or any other calling in the church. Likewise our sons in law, our daughters and our daughters in law. My heart was full of joy! I was thinking of how far we had come with our family and I thought of all the right choices we had made.
Then it came to me very strongly that we would not be here, were it not for the Atonement of our Saviour!
I know that He lives, that He loves everyone and that He wants us to be happy, He has provided means for us have joy in our families here and through out eternity
Other than taking many pictures, we had an awesome time. We drove down on Friday, spent the night with Heather and Kirk.
We visited Doug and Connie Earl (again, the camera in the car!). It was so fun to reconnect with them, we could have spent more time just catching up. It was fun to see Callie, Samantha, Grandma Jones and some of their grand kids. Life is good!
Heather and I went shopping, what an incentive to get back into shape! We met Seth and his family for lunch and continued school shopping and new suit shopping with them. We finished the day with a "sleep over" at Jeremy's house. Their baby let me hold him on my lap while he played for about an hour. That was a big first
Another first was that our little 8 year old granddaughter, Hailey gave a beautiful testimony during Sacrament meeting and I did too, which made it three generations since Seth had been asked to bare his testimony at the beginning of the meeting.
Glenn did a great job in the ordination and blessing. We hopped in the car and headed for home, it was 11:45. We arrived here just before midnight, not bad, since I broke tradition and drove the last 2 hours in the dark!!
It was a great weekend and we didn't feel like it was a sacrifice because it is such a great big payday to see our family choosing the right, honoring their covenants and teaching their own families the gospel!
7 comments:
It sounds like a great weekend Kathy. I am always amazed at your mobility.
I am also glad that you had a good weekend. I am so proud of Seth!
Now, take a nap and don't move for a while!
No time for a nap, I have Baylee for the day, while Kimberly is in training on how to take care of Clark! Ha, Ha!
You must be exhaused!!! Tell Seth we are proud too!!!
Hi Kathy - it was fun to see you last week, sorry I didn't help chop down the hairy-scratchy hollyhocks! My blog is vwgarden.blogspot.com. Leave me a note if you stop by. - VaLynn
We loved having you spend the night with us. Sorry it was so late when you went to bed...it was exactly what you didn't want!
The kids love you and miss you! :)
How exciting for Seth! You must be so proud of him. My husband was put in the bishopric 1 year ago and then 4 months later became the bishop--so tell Seth to watch out!!! Good to keep up with your family! Misty (Layton) Meldrum
We are also praying for Heather and Kirk to get a baby!! We know how tough if can be!
Post a Comment