Friday, August 7, 2009

One of THOSE Days

Have you ever had one of THOSE days when you wake up with an agenda to go in one direction and one phone call can take up most of your day? That was the day I had today. Just before Clark turned 18 we went to court and got legal guardianship of him! A brilliant move on our part, most of the time it makes life easier, today not so much.

We were told that we needed to file a report with the court every 3 years, and they sent us down the road. Today the law office called and wanted: copies of bank statements back to 2004, a W-2 from last year, the amount of SSI he has received each year since 2004 and a pay stub from his present job plus a letter from the SSI.

Well, unlike Glenn, I am a "file cleaner outer" (oh if I could do that well in my closets and drawers!) I spent at least 1 hour on the phone with Social Security, had to track down Arby's, called two banks to get the needed statements, and made copies of the documents that I do have.

My new resolution? Instead of one file for Clark in which I discard dated documents,, I will set up one file for each year and save the SSI statements, bank statements, pay stubs and W-2's besides all the other correspondence and documents I receive as they come in!!! Also at the end of each year I will send the needed documents to the law firm, so that when the three years are up, they can just make out a report! There, now doesn't that sound easy?

Then maybe today I could have done this:



or this,



or this,



or this.



Live and learn!

1 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

I didn't get any comments on this post and it was one of my better ones. I could not get the comment button to come up. I just discovered my mistake. At the bottom of the post there is an 'option' button, some how the do not allow comments was clicked on. There fore, I did not get comments :-(