Saturday was a day of Weddings! We went to the Columbia River Temple and witnessed the sealing of Luis Sandoval and Amanda Bennett. Our friend, Brad Risenmay was the sealer, and I have to say that it was the BEST I have ever been too! That evening we went to three great receptions, it is amazing to see these pure young people in a world of sin and conflict, making righteous choices.
I awakened with a question in mind and was led the the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 88:118 and 119 (Also found in 109:7-8) "And as all have not faith seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith.
Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God:"
It is not like I don't know this scripture, but it answers questions on so many levels, it was faith building for me to come across it yesterday and to read so many of the cross references! I love the scriptures.
Our Sacrament speakers were a young couple, she had gone inactive and married a young man who didn't have a religion, but who was seeking to find the truth. So he is a convert, and though her young primary daughter she became committed to live the gospel, Their talks touched my heart deeply. Plus a young man in our ward played a tender piano solo to add to the already spiritual meeting.
In the evening we went to the Stake Center for a readers theater on the Prophet Joseph Smith. They had put a lot of work into it, with costumes, music, a choir, and solos. It was very inspirational and brought the spirit of that great prophet to life. What a sacrifice he made so that the gospel could be restored in these latter-days. What a great work he did in establishing Zion with all of our many blessings.
At the end of the day, our nephew, Richard Davies from Vancouver came with his little family. It was fun to have them spend the night! Thank goodness my house was clean enough and we had a "Thomas the Train" set that we inherited from Chase. It is so fun to see the next generation be the great moms and dads they are turning out to be
!
5 comments:
That's a good weekend! It was fun to see Richard and Sunni. They have some cute kids.
Wow, he looks like his dad!
It is neat to have young couples go to the temple! One of my BEEHIVES is getting married in the Logan temple this weekend. Whoa!
3 receptions? I would have been full of sweets by the end of the night! :) I like receptions!
Nice weekend for you. I spent it sick. :(
Hi Kathy,
Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment on my blog! Aren't comments such fun?
Three receptions in one night - it's a different stage of life that you're in. My mom has so many wedding announcements in our kitchen, but we have averaged maybe one a year so far. It saves us money on presents, I guess, but I really love wedding cake and wish I could have it every weekend!
I meant mom has announcements in HER kitchen, obviously it still feels like my home there.
Post a Comment