If I could choose between a bouquet of a dozen red roses or a mixed bouquet, hands down it would be MIXED. If it is a bouquet of roses, make it mixed. I have a vase of roses on the table as I make this post. My bouquet is a: Peace (yellow and pink, Chicago Peace (darker yellow and darker pink), John F, Kennedy (yellow). Double Delight (red, white, yellow), Queen Elizabeth (pink).
My flower beds are mostly mixed bouquets but I do have some mass plantings, like the Jupiter’s Beard below, notice the variety even in the same plant. A design term we use is "unity with variety". I love it!
People are a mixed bouquet. They all have things in common, but they come in different: sizes, strengths, weaknesses, points of view, interests, talents, and ages etc!
How boring life would be if we all looked the same, thought the same, had the same talents, etc. I love flowers that come in many colors…Asters, Zinnias, Dahlias, Petunias, Pansies, Day Lilies, etc. I also love my plants that that have one color such as Coriopsis and False Sunflower they give consistency. I love that people have many characteristics that make up their unique personalities. Each of us can do so many different things and have a multitude of talents. How can you say that a rose is better or more valuable than a Lilly. Comparisons just don't work. We are all special!
I have been out side working in my flower beds this week and I love being among the different flowers as I love being among different people. I have also entertained a kaleidoscope of friends, this week and they have enriched my life, just as my flowers have.
When I started gardening, my flower beds were all very organized; flowers placed just right, just the right color, all very orderly. A few years ago I was visiting with my sister, walking though her yard and enjoying her flower beds. She had plants running into plants, random plants as they had migrated, and I said “how can you just let them run random?” Her reply was, “how can you not????!!!!” Since then my flowerbeds are a lot more random it has been fun to let Heavenly Father have a hand in how my flower beds have turned out. I don't have to have compete control. Frankly it is refreshing and this has spilled over into my personality. I don't always have to be in charge.
So what is my point? I love mixed bouquets! We are a mixed bouquet! This variety is a gift from God and I would not want every one to be alike. I love that we can be our own unique selves with the help of a loving Heavenly Father. We can all let God work in our lives, just as He is at work in His other creations.
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
6 comments:
Oh, I love your flower beds, Mom! I talk about them to everyone. I wish for nothing more than for my gardens to look as beautiful as yours one day!
I seriously love your flowers. I didn't appreciate them when I was younger, but like Danielle I brag about yours to anyone when they start talking flowers or nice yards.
I wish I had a love are gardening like you. I too appreciate the mixed bouguets but not enough to spend the time doing it. I blame my mom for making me do nothing but pull weeds as a child. I don't know if it is a valid excuse but I have to blame it on someone. Right? I too, like everyone else, brag about your garden.
I love exclaimation points! :) You are funny.
I love your yard.. I haven't been there in far too long. I miss being home.
The only way it would be ok if we were all alike is if we were all like me :)
HA!
I always love your yard!
You can access her blog by clicking on the button on the right side of the computer screen that says "I read NieNie". Her sister's "CJane" is below it and she has an excellent blog as well.
So fun to see the photos of your garden in full bloom. I keep missing the spring show of peonies, poppies, and the rest of that poolside bed.
Post a Comment