We left Moses Lake on the 13th of March and drove to Danielle's in Logan. We had planned to take Clark there and leave him. At the last minute Danielle convinced Kimberly and Baylee to come, with the bribe that she could do some seasonal crafts to decorate her home. So we piled Kim and Baylee in with the condition that Danielle share them with our other kids in Provo and Spanish Fork.
Glenn and I had plans of our own. We belong to Byu-Idaho's Presidents Club and are invited every year to go to SLC for an appreciation banquet in the Church office building. We haven't gone since 2001 and the timing was right for us to go this year. Our friends had also invited us to go spend some time with them in St. George. So with short visits to all of our Utah kids and grand kids, a banquet, friends, and a family estate to help settle we had plenty to do. These pictures are just about the fun we had in St George.
Perrins and McPhetters at the Jacob Hamblim home. Where Mike and Judy met some friends that they had when they lived in Oregon.
While were were in Santa Clara we stopped at the City Hall where an artist was painting a Mural depicting the immigration of the settlers from Sweden. She was very interesting as she explained in detail her painting. She used live descendants of the pioneers as models as she portrayed: home, sacrifice, love, faith, hope, charity, work, church, and home. She was happy to let us take her picture. This is only part of that wonderful mural.
Must eat: Utah's first In and Out!
Then up to Mountain Meadow's for a sobering view of the monuments and the valley. That evening we went to the Tabernacle for a lecture by the author of "Massacre at Mountain Meadows". We were so glad we had gone out to see the sight before the very interesting lecture. While we were at the Tabernacle. I saw some very dear friends from Lost River. Herman and Athea Aikle were two of my mentors while I was growing up. He was in the bishopric and she always had this same smile. It was a warm reunion. Many fond memories of Lost River, mingled with new fun times in St George.
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
4 comments:
You really did to the tourist thing. I bet it was way fun. I know I had fun!
Okay, can I just say that I am so totally coveting that sunshine and flowers and green stuff!! What a fun trip, good for you!!!
Now THIS is a vacation! What fun.
I'm so glad you came/went! Looks like you had fun. It was great to see you for a few hours. And it was especially great to maul Baylee for four days. I miss her so much! And Kimberly too :) I wish we all lived in the same place darnit!
I heard there was some discussion of estate settling.. hope you didn't leave me out! :) Dibs on the original snowman ornament ;)And the water heater! Ha.. that was a JOKE.
Love you and miss you.
Post a Comment