Friday, March 27, 2009

Jeremy turned 40 today!



Jeremy was born at 7:03 on a beautiful morning, you can see how tiny he is, he weighed 4 pounds 15 ounces, full term. At that moment, our lives changed for ever. We were parents!!! There are no words to describe that transition. We were students at BYU. In June, we moved our little family to Las Angeles. Midway through that year Glenn was called up to National Guard, so Jeremy and I moved in with my parents where we were when he turned one and learned to walk and got his first taste of motor cycle riding. Something all of our boys have fallen in love with.







As he was growing up he loved anything sports. He started out with base ball, moved to soccor which he played clear through high school. In high school he was on the track team and also played basket ball! Jeremy also received his Eagle Scout and set a good example for his brothers.


Jeremy in one of his senior pictures. He had a good friend named Joji (Kioji's Nephew) Joji was a kick! Just before Jeremy's mission, we were able to witness Jeremy baptising Joji. That was a real payday for us.


Check out his tie in this mission photo. Australia was lucky to have him.

Before he left for his mission, he pointed to a car like this and told us that he wanted us to buy him one like that when he got off his mission. We told him he could have it when he could buy it! He is the proud owner of a Grand Prix.

He worked for a summer at Anasazi in Arizona, that car came in handy when he was courting Birgitta. He graduated from BYU in Family Science and received his Masters from University of Phoenix. He is presently working for Nu Skin in Compensations. Jeremy is one funny guy! He can tell stories that just keep us in stitches. He is a great writer. This is a picture of him with his beautiful bride on May 17, 1996 at the Manti Temple. As I am writing this Birgitta is hosting a 40th Birthday Party! He wanted 7 of his favorite desserts. She spent the day cooking and he willingly stayed home from work to take care of their four beautiful children!!!!



Happy Birthday Jeremy!!!! We love you and your sweet little family!!!!! Thanks for being our son. What can we say "We're Proud"!

9 comments:

Kristi said...

Jeremy IS a great guy. Can you believe you have been a mother for forty years? I guess you could say that you are a 40 year-old mom!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Kathy, I love getting to meet your kids I haven't met through your blog. They're incredible.

Jeremy said...

Thanks for the birthday post, mom. It's been a wild and crazy ride. Seems like all this stuff just happened last week.

Mandy Rasmussen said...

I am so glad I found your blog. You have always been a wonderful example to me -you continue to be..my son Jaron is turning 11 this April. I am feeling a little sad that he is growing up so fast. Do your kids still need you now that most of them are gone??? Please say yes!! :)

Birgitta said...

Great post Kathy. I love Jeremy's baby pictures. I don't think any of our babies looked like Jeremy as a baby. Although, they are definitely look like Perrins' kids now.

I always loved the senior pic in white pants. LOVE IT! It makes me laugh.

I love Jeremy and I'm grateful to you for all you have taught him. He is a perfect husband and such a good dad.

Danielle said...

Look how skinny you were right after bubba Jeremy was born!!

You are a GREAT brother, Jerm. I think I would like to keep you around. I am so sad to have missed your bday party. I am glad you had a good one. Love to you!!

Kimberly said...

Ahh. Jeremy and I have always had such a special bond :) He was the first to hold me after I was born. It's crazy to be so old. I have a forty year old brother, but then again, I'm not that young anymore either!

Heather said...

What's that on your head mom!! :) We all gathered around the computer to check out your sweet hair-do :)

Jeremy is one fabulous guys. We love you Jerm. It is a real treat to have you as a brother.

Mandy Rasmussen said...

Thank you so much for your advice..It helped me to think of my kids still needing me in a different way...I will always need my mom and dad -and I will always need my Heavenly Father..age doesn't matter..but I do miss them being babies!! My youngest is 3. Can't have anymore because I had a partial hysterectomy a year ago. I am very grateful for the three I was able to have! I think I am baby hungry! :) but I think I will always feel that...knowing you still feel that too. I guess that never goes away.