Monday, March 30, 2009

Blessings! Friends!



Dan and Shelly Nelson have been our friends for a long time! I have asked Shelly many times to care for Clark when we have gone out of town. During those times Clark and Dan have bonded. While Clark was in high school, Dan would call Clark up and ask him to go with him to the football games. (Glenn would make a poor substitute in Clark's mind.) Dan always treats him to hot dogs and a good time. Clark loves Dan and Shelly and when he was younger and didn't really understand that he was born a Perrins and die a Perrins, he would often claim he was Clark Nelson!

Dan and Shelly were planning on coming to Kimberly's endowment, but at the last minute discovered that we needed babysitters out side the temple, and so they generously volunteered. This is a picture of Clark with them, after Kimberly's endowment. Don't they look like family in their coordinated clothes?

Just recently Shelly asked Dan, who is the president of Soil Test, if there was anything that Clark could do as a job down at the lab. Today Clark and his job coach went in for a job interview, and Clark will start work on April 1st! This is so appreciated. Clark was working for Arby's when he graduated last year, and then in October their headquarters eliminated his job. So he has been looking for work since then.

Thank you Dan and Shelly for being such good friends, not only to us, but to Clark. Clark loves you. There is a saying that it takes a village to raise a child. This is so true in the case of Clark. We are so grateful for all of his dear friends, but today we are thankful for Dan and Shelly and the part they play in Clark's life.

When our friends and family asks us if we are going to move after Glenn retires, we say that Clark's needs have to be considered. Where in the world could we ever go to find such a great support group for Clark?

5 comments:

Mandy Rasmussen said...

Clark is so awesome! Everytime I am around him; I feel the spirit and leave happier..he is sunshine!!! :)

Heather said...

That is really tender. I love the Nelsons.. More selfless friends you will never meet.

Thanks Dan and Shelly for all you have done for Clark, he has needed all the love you have shown him!

Mandy Rasmussen said...

I didn't know you shared the same birthday as Craig! Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day! You are a beautiful, special woman of God!! I have enjoyed your posts and the comments you have made on my blog; they have been a blessing!! :)

Kimberly said...

Wow. That is completely great! He will be happy to be working again. The Nelson's truly are the kindest most selfless people you'll ever meet. That's exciting.

Danielle said...

He does have quite the fan base there, doesn't he? I just scrapbooked those pictures of the temple a couple of weeks ago. That is a GREAT picture of them. Thanks, Dan and Shelly!!