
Kimberly is our 6th born, on the 6th! She was our first to be born and raised completely in Moses Lake. A little trivia about Kimberly...we were planning on naming her Alison, but we could tell the she didn't like that name. We did some fast thinking and thought that Kimberly is a pretty name, so that is why we named her Kimberly. Some more trivia...my doctor that delivered her, delivered her baby!!!
Above, is our family when she was a baby. We were into running (well some of us walked) 5 K's. This is picture of our family wear our "Best Dam Run" shirts.
Kimberly was a very happy baby and brought so much joy to our family. When a baby has siblings that are teenagers it is a joy to see how they interact with the baby. She brought joy to the whole family. We moved into fourth ward when Kimberly was this age (above). She charmed the whole ward. Marlo Merrel nick named her Cabbage Patch Kid and calls her that to this day. President Jones called her engaging. She was all of that!
This picture above makes me miss her so much. She has a baby now and their baby looks so much like her! About this age we were having a historic family home evening. I have to think that I was inspired to turn on the tape recorder. We would sometimes have a fight over some little thing and I wanted to record the fight so the kids would hear how dumb they sounded. Well I got the fight and more. Jeremy was giving a lesson on nature and all of his questions got silly answers from the kids. He asked what was the sound of thunder. Kimberly excitedly bounced up and down and said "I know, I know.....Thunder...thunder...thundercats!!!! We had a great time listening to all of the funny things the kids said, and we even quote them.
These are kinder garden and first grade pictures.
This is the dress she wore on her first date! Her date mother bought it when she was shopping in the Tri-Cities. She called me and asked me and I said go for it Valerie!!! She made the quilt that is on her bed, painted the room and put up the wall paper border.
Kimberly was very busy in High School. Besides being a good student she was in dancing, tennis, basket ball and volley ball. She also participated in the Miss Moses Lake Pageant and was voted Miss Congeniality.
Kimberly took one cake decorating class from her sister in law. Bought the deco stuff and this is the cake she made for her dad on Father's day. She is the kind of person who isn't afraid to do new things. She is very talented, but not a perfectionist. When she was in high school, she wanted to make a quilt. I helped her cut the fabric out, one day when I was out of town, she sewed it all together! I was so impressed. She made the cutest nursery set for her baby. She is so good at so many things!!!
She chose to attend BYU-Idaho. She could have gone to any university. While at the University she worked as a tutor in the math lab (got that from her dad), was on a swim team, and maintained a scholar ship all the semesters she was there. She graduated in Math Education after doing her student teaching in Las Vegas. After graduation she came home to finish up the work on her braces. Actually she had already started a relationship with Curtis, the man she married. She was a math teacher at the high school in the 2007-08 year.
Now she is married, has an 8 month old baby and lives in Moses Lake! Today she substitute taught at the high school. Here is this beautiful couple. She married a great man who takes his job as husband, father, and provider very seriously. This is them coming out of the Columbia River Temple and their wedding day!
Happy Birthday, Kimberly!!!!!
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
8 comments:
I was just browsing blogs, great post for your daughter. Happy Birthday to her!
Man, I was a cute baby!! That blog makes me sound way cooler than I really am!! Thank you so much mom. I appreciate all the kind words. It's crazy to be a quarter-century old.
Happy Birthday Kim! I sure do love you! Baylee looks like you in the baby picture.
Nah, Kimbo...you are pretty cool! Happy Birp Day, Kobbemobberslobberbobby!!
We love you!!
She look exactly the same now as she did in her 1st grade picture. She never ages. And I can't believe that she is 25. I feel old.
Can I just add that Celeste looks like Heather in the family pic. Crazy. Jeremy thinks Celeste keeps taking turns looking like Heather and Kim (depending on the pic). She is a PERRINS!
Kimberly you are that cool. Whenever I am trying to describe you to anyone I can never quite figure out what to say in a short thought.. I think that's because you are so good at so many things, and so well-balanced. You are steady and constant and loyal. You are always up for anything. I really do love you and am glad we are sisters.
Hope you had a very happy birthday.. and could you please send Baylee with mom and dad this weekend? I miss her SOOOOOO much. You can come too if you'd like :)
I never noticed, but I do think Danielle and Jeremy look alike in this picture...almost like twins.
I love all the old pics you have been bringing out. It's fun to see your family when the kids were little. :)
Post a Comment