Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy Birthday



I have to say I was dreading my birthday, because it sounds so old. Monday I was blue just thinking about it. Then on Tuesday, I woke up feeling great! I actually realized that I am not that old (yet).

The above picture are the left over cupcakes that Kimberly worked so hard to create yesterday. It was her neighbor's birthday also, so Kimberly decided to make cupcakes for both of us. She made 24 cupcakes and brought 19 over for our celebration. If I had been smart, I would have taken a picture of all 19 of them. They were all different and I didn't take get the chance to really enjoy each one of her creations. I must explain. In YW, we are planning a cake decorating night and so I wanted her to show these beautiful cupcakes to our YW Pres, Ruth. Kimberly dutifully took the tray over to show the Griggs. They did what any self respecting family would do and eagerly accepted her cupcakes as a "treat"! So she came home with less than she started with. We ate dinner and I still didn't get a picture of my "cake". Then Glenn left to do his calling and we waited. By the time he came home it was getting late and I still didn't take a picture of my beautiful cake. So, if I had a do over I would have a much better and bigger picture. But here are the left overs! Thank you Kimberly and keep up the good loving work!

I had a great day. In the morning I visited with my sister, Cynthia. I received some lovely cards. Birgitta maked the most creative birthday card, each member of her family had their own place to send a wish to me, thank you very much. Heather and Kimberly also gave me hand made cards that were unbelievably creative! They also gave me some beautiful, much needed jewelry. My sister Gwen is always good at getting a sweet card to me for my birthday. Glenn gave me an awesome card that he went to special effort to get, plus a book & a cd (plus some other things to come)! Marion sent me a very cute e-Hallmark card. Craig Winder shares my birthday and he sent me a great email and his sister paid me a sweet tribute on my blog. I heard from each of my children and my Mother and Sylvia. I also received a special phone call from my childhood friend Laurel. Sandy Hansen gave me a pocket size Constitution and took me to lunch. our neighbor, who was raised in our cul-de-sac, was the cashier gave me the quiche. In the morning I read my scriptures and went to Wal-Mart to get a mani-pedicure, using a gift certificate that Glenn gave me for Christmas.

All in all I felt loved and not so old, by the end of the day.

9 comments:

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Kathy!!! How about a late birthday lunch next week when I get back from Utah? I would love to visit....

Danielle said...

You are still very young, Mom! I am glad that you had such a beautiful birthday!

Heather said...

Don't listen to Danielle, you're old! :) I'm KIDDING. anyway. Happy Birthday. I have a special blog post headed for my blog today about you.. but I can't do it at work so check tonight! Sorry it's late.

Anyhoo.. love you lots and I'm glad you had a good day. You are very young at heart, which is what I love most about you.

Lea Ann said...

I am glad you had a great day. I thought about you a lot yesterday but never got around to say Happy Birthday! And when you start to feel old, just remember that you are younger than Dianne. That should help some. Love you.

Kimberly said...

Too bad you got pictures of the ugliest 5 cupcakes that I made. Oh well, they get the drift. I didn't know your were dreading your birthday. Just remember 49 is just a number like 48. I'm sure you don't feel THAT much older!

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! LOVE YA!!

Sarah Rowley said...

Happy belated birthday, Kathy! I wonder if you signed up on facebook just in time for your birthday so more people would know? Hmmmmmmm. Just kidding! I am so glad you had such a great day!

Heather said...

Thanks Mom! appreciate it!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Never be afraid of birthdays because the other option is not having them....and that means that your birth certificate has expired!!! Loved reading your blog. Thanks for sharing! Love you! Say hi to all the Book Club girls too!!