Thursday, February 5, 2009

"Perrins Field"



Kimberly tagged fourth picture from fourth folder. This is Glenn, Kimberly, Clark and I in Deer Park. This park that was named after Glenn's dad. We were there on Memorial Day 200. We had our bikes...too bad they were not in the picture.

We love to go to Deer Park and see the family home. We always stop at this sign. At the other end of "Perrins Field" there is a marker with Dad Perrins' picture in bronze, with a tribute to him in bronze lettering. Glenn's parents were icons in that community. Glenn's Dad taught high school math for many years and his Mom taught grade school. When we would go up there for "Settlers Picnic" to watch the parade, their former students would line up to talk to them. The town found many other ways to honor them, also. I am grateful for Glenn's parents.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Great picture! I love that sign. It always made me feel a little famous, even though it was in a little town named Deer Park!

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

I agree with Danielle part of me felt a little famous. I loved settlers picnic, although it always boggled me that whenever the same guy announced the winners of the foot races he always butchered our last name. I mean we were the famous perrins'!

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said...

You've been busy with the posts Mom!

I love that there's a Perrins Field. Although in that photo things look like they're in much better shape then I remember them.

I agree with Danielle and Sammy too.. It's nice to be famous!