Saturday I was talking to Erik and he asked if I wanted to spend a week with them in Kansas, my week looked pretty clear, so I said YES.
I am in Kansas as we speak!
I drove my self to the airport. A first. My sister in law was coming to pick up the van, so I had a plan to lock all the doors but one. I triple checked the door after all the others were locked, it was unlocked, so I shut the door and it locked with my keys and check-in luggage! Ugh (or profanity!) A couple next to me said, "every thing is going to be OK," which I love to hear in a crisis!Thank you. (PS I usually carry a spare set of key in my purse, no spare).
I was cutting it close, according to the time my dear fast moving husband thought I should leave and knowing me I should have given myself more time. I had less than an hour before take off.
I called Erik, he called the Spokane airport and they have airport police who come and unlock cars. The shuttle was right there, so I hopped on, went to the police and signed my life away for them to come and unlock my car.
We drove back to my car, with him having to report every move while the car wasn't moving. My lack of preparation didn't create a crisis on his part. But soon my door was unlock and I was back in his car headed to the terminal.
I was flying Frontier on a slow day which proved to be a blessing. The "ticket girl" was so sweet. First, she said that it was too late (15 minutes left) to put the luggage on the plane (35 minutes prior is the cut off. I could board if I could make it in 8 minutes, through security and up to the gate. They would not hold the plane for me and my luggage would make it to Kansas City later.
Fine, I hurried to security, asked all the people in front of me to let me go ahead of them. They were all gracious. But "ticket girl" came over and said, they are not going to let you on the plane because it is the last one out today blah blah blah....
So I grab my stuff, "Ticket girl" was real sweet though and told me she had me booked on standby for tomorrow so that I didn't need to pay those high fees to change my flight.
Meanwhile my sister in law is coming back from a Dr's appointment and headed for the airport. I tell her my plight and ask her not to go until I know what is going on. So she has pulled up to Frontier's door. I go out put my carry on stuff in her trunk and go back in to get my luggage. No one at the counter.....
I run back out to tell her to wait and another ticket person calls to me to tell me that they are trying to get me on the flight. "Ticket Girl" comes from the luggage place and tells me that my luggage is on the plane, they are holding the plane for me, I have to get up there in 4 minutes!
So I run back out to the car, pick up my carry ons and tell "ticket girl" she has to come with me! Which she does.
Erik and I had been talking back and forth on the phone, the last he heard me say was that I was putting my stuff in Dianne's car. I call him from the plane and tell him I am on the plane. (10:57) His answer was classic....how did that happen!!!!
Well this is what I think....The angels were surrounding me, our prayers were answered. A tender Mercy for these three grandchildren who's heart was set on me coming today.
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
6 comments:
Tender mercy indeed. I can just picture the whole thing--including you asking everyone if you could cut in front of them, slightly bowing as you politely asked (I truly can picture it.
Have a wonderful week.
Glad you made it! Have a GREAT time with the fam...tell them hello for me!
YOU CRAZY LADY!!! I love you Kathy...you are so antimated and full of fun! I agree with Jane...WOW what an adventure...Have fun!
That's my mother! Always surrounded by angels. The part I can picture is you telling ticket girl that she has to go with you.. and I can see her face, and read her mind. There is no way she's going to tell you no. She has NO choice.. because hey.. this could be MY mother! :) Like all those cops for so many years :)
anyway, sorry for the stress and I'm glad you made it in all your pieces. Have so much fun in KA!!!! Way to be spontaneous!
It's amazing how everything works out. I'm so glad you're there!!! Now you can try to find me a local unused car seat!!
Kathy, As Pres Hinckley said, "I must have helped a little old lady in the pre-existence!" The stuff you get away with!!!!!
Ask me sometime about your blog page pictures,
bill waites~
Post a Comment