Thursday, January 22, 2009

Seth turns 33 today



Seth is one of the many people in our family and this world who was born in 1976! A family joke we use to describe some one is "He's Seth's age". What a joy this baby was to have in our family. The name on his birth certificate says "Michael Seth Perrins". On the way to the church I was wishing we had given him a family middle name, but I didn't dare say anything. Out of the blue Glenn said...Are you happy with this name? I jumped right in and said...No...He asked me what I wanted. I said I would like Seth Joseph, and Glenn quickly agreed. Seth is our 4th child, our 3rd son. We didn't give our girls middle names, which I will regret 'till the day I die, but we had given all of our boys family middle names. So now when he needs his birth certificate he has to take a court affidavit to prove that his name is Seth Joseph Perrins. He really doesn't want to be named Michael. I think that is so interesting.


We moved to Moses Lake when Seth was 11 months old. This photo is what our family looked like in 1977 about the time Glenn and I were 33.


Seth was a shy kid! He really didn't want me to take this picture, but I thought that he looked so cute with his trike and fire hat, I couldn't resist. When people would talk to him he was so shy. I found my self explaining many times how shy he was. One day when he was still really young, he said. "I might be shy now, but I am not always going to be shy." I thought that was a profound thing for a little kid to say. He did outgrow that shy stage and now I don't think anyone would believe that he was ever shy!


Like his family, he was very active growing up. I like this tennis picture of him because I think it shows his personality. I swear the paper used this picture more than one year. He also played soccor, church soft ball, but his real love was basket ball and he was really good at it. I think he still plays church basket ball. He was a lot of fun to raise, had such a great sense of family, of loyalty, and of humor. He loves to make people laugh when they get uptight. I remember more than once getting the giggles with him in Sacrament Meeting.

He worked for Garf Ivory as a teenager and learned to work hard, to love the farm and the out doors. His senior year in High School he went out to Big Bend and then the next year he went to Ricks College and roomed with Erik. Little did he know that Jill, his future wife was there that year also. After graduation from Ricks he worked hard that summer and then left for his mission in Monterrey, Mexico. When he came home from his mission he went to BYU where he roomed with Craig Winder from Moses Lake. That is the year he met and married Jill.

He loves animals, his bachelor degree is Animal Science. His masters Degree is Public Administration. The Photo below is him on the job as Assistant City Manager in Spanish Fork, Utah. He is at a rodeo. It is tough duty, but somebody had do to it. He looks like he is having fun.


Seth and his family of three beautiful, talented, lively and fun little girls just moved into a dream home. They live in Spanish Fork. Here he is with his very beautiful brown eyed wife Jill. They make a great team.



Happy Birthday Seth, what can we say, "We're Proud". We love you and your family.

9 comments:

Jill & Seth said...

Thank you Kathy for the sweet post.
Jill

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Having moved here after most of your kids had gone, but still hearing about them, I am so glad you write about them so I get to know them!

I love seeing your kids through your eyes.

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday, Bub! We think you're swell!

By the way, Mom, am I sensing a New Year resolution?

Kathy’s Korner said...

Yes Danielle and it is for only one year!

Kathy’s Korner said...

Actually, it isn't a resolution, it is a goal,and I think it is a loft one at that!

luke & misty meldrum family said...

So much fun to see all the photos of Seth. Hope all is well. I have been thinking about Kirk and Heather a lot. I hope their baby comes in their life soon. I understand what they are going through waiting and waiting and waiting! Misty

Heather said...

Gee.. that Seth is a swell guy isn't he? Those pictures are so fun.. I've never seen that one of him in the fireman hat before.. those are some sweet cars you used to have!!

Happy Birthday Seth! You're a pretty great guy I have to say.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Big Seth! Love Little Seth

Lea Ann said...

Gosh, 33 to be that old. I am glad I am not that old. Every year I laugh when Seth's birthday comes around. As a kid Seth rubbed it in that he was older. It looks like I get the last laugh.