Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pure "Happy Days" in the 60's!


This is just a snap shot of Glenn and I when we came out of the temple. On our wedding day May 31. 1968


After the reception. No we aren't drunk or mad. So few pictures were taken, and I have never seen these until today. My sister is going through dad's pictures and came across these. Thanks Sylvia. I knew I was thin, this is the proof!


After our reception we went out to our 1958 Chevy Belair car and found it like this! (Glenn also proposed to me in this car!) My younger brother Kirby, who could think up more pranks than he could do, did this. He was 16! He was such a cute younger brother, still is! What he didn't know is that we had made arrangements with my parents to take their car up to our open house/honeymoon in Deer Park. So we offered him a sweet deal he couldn't refuse! He could use our car while we were gone! Sweet for him and sweet for us. We never were free of the straw in that car. Every time we turned on the heat, straw would come out of the vents! No air conditioning at that time. Thank goodness. We took that old classic to our senior year at BYU, brought our first baby home in it. Then we sold it after graduation for a classy 1966 Chevy Caprice.


We are packed up after our honeymoon, ready to start our life at BYU. This photo is in the driveway at my parents farm. I don't even remember that mud, or remember seeing that much mud on the farm. I love Glenn's letter jacket and his white socks. This is pure happy days in the 60's!!!!!

9 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Kathy, this truly is a classic. I just love it. I love hearing your voice through your writing.

Your waist is so teensy.

Danielle said...

You guys look sooooo young! I love those pictures. I have never seen them before. Loved them!!

Birgitta said...

I have been loving all of these old photos of you, Glenn and the kids. It is fun to read the stories of way back when! I have ENJOYED it!

Glenn looks so "cool" and you are beautiful. You have gorgeous legs in all of these short dresses! :)

Heather said...

WOW! those pics are AWESOME! You are very skinny mom. And I can't believe how much Erik looks just like dad, it's amazing.

I have been enjoying your posts a lot lately too, it's fun to see all the pictures

Kristi said...

Kathy, I love these retro-posts! You and Glenn are such a cute, stylish couple! Thanks for sharing!

Lori said...

So Seth looks exactly like GLEN!! and I love your hair. I love the memories and sharing a tiny bit of your history.

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

I always love reading your blogs because they always make me feel a little at home. I agree with Heather Glenn and Erik look so much alike in those pictures!!

Birgitta said...

I'm looking at the "drunk" picture again. I am still laughing! I love Glenn's face and I think its awesome you have a "drink" in your hand to go with your angry face. SO FUNNY!

Heather said...

Kirk turned on the music from your blog.. and it is making me feel much better. A taste of home and childhood definitely lifts my spirits :)

Thanks for bring us up with such classic music. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :) seriously.