

It just seems like yesterday that Erik was born and now his is 36 years old. I wish that time wasn't going to fast.
Erik's first language is math and his second language is English. He was a fun, active, smart little boy to raise. He loved to play, but he also loved to learn. I remember going into his room while the whole neighborhood was out playing and he was reading. I asked what he was reading and he said an encyclopedia! What for? I am learning about aluminum. I think he did that a lot.
Erik is very sensitive and compassionate. He has a very soft heart. Erik also has a deep faith. One winter when he was about in the 3rd grade we were visiting our friends the Jorgensen's and the drive way was messy. I don't remember if it was mud, ice, or what, but I was having a hard time backing out. I felt a steady power. When we were on the street, he said, "Mom, do you know that I was praying for us that we would not get stuck?" I told him yes, because I could feel him praying for us. We shared other times where we had a special need and he was able to use his faith in receiving answers to prays. I know that angels were watching over us as Erik grew up, there are so many blessings, wonderful experiences and scary times too. Fires, cliff jumping, etc.
Erik played soccor, was on the high school diving team, lead the music in Priesthood, was the seminary council president, was the best slow pitcher 6th ward had ever seen, and much, much more. When he graduated from High School he went to Ricks and lived with Jeremy his freshman year. Then he went on his mission
Erik is our 3rd child. When we were talking about his name, I mentioned Erik. Glenn said that would be fine as long as we spell it with a K. I am the 3rd child in my family and when my dad said he wanted to name me Katherine, my mom said that would be OK if they spelled it with a K. We have Scottish ancestors and the spelling of our names should be with a C. But we both like the K in our names. Along with the many other things we have in common Erik and I both served in the Edinburgh Scotland Mission. 
Erik come home from his mission very much the gentleman and very soft spoken. One of the things that I think helped with his growth is that he wrote in his journal every day! He came home with them bound in books that he named "The First Book of Erik" and "The Second Book of Erik."
When Erik come home, he went back to Ricks, lived with Seth and met Kristi, his future wife. Then he went on the BYU where he was later married, received his Masters and went on to get his Doctorate in Electrical Engineering.
He presently lives in Lawrence, Kansas with his lovely wife Kristi and their awesome three children. He is a Professor of Electrical Engineering at KU and is in the Elders Quorum Presidency. What can we say, "We're Proud"
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
6 comments:
Isn't it wonderful that our children swell our hearts with so much pride! It's such a blessing when can watch them grow from darling children into obedient and faithful adults who take what we've tried to teach them and live it. That's the greatest blessing of all, isn't it? Erik sounds like an amazing man! I'm so sorry he's so far away! Maybe someday, huh?
I agree! Erik DOES sound like an amazing man! So much has happened since we all grew up, hasn't it? I just can't get over the pictures of Glenn and then Erik! Identical!
I can honestly say that I have never really paid attention to Erik looking so much like Dad! Wow...isn't that something. We always have accused him of looking like Jeremy! Well, anyway, Happy Birthday, Erik!
Happy Birthday bra.. :)
I have to say I'm a fan of Erik's. We had a great summer the year after he came home from his mission.. we call it "the summer of Erik".. he took me shopping just the two of us to the outlets past Spokane.. and I went to Seattle with him and Kristi.. We got to know each other and it was so fun! He's a great brother.
I love that little family picture with the three oldest.. those red checker pants are smokin'! And tell me again the logic behind not putting a shirt under Erik's overalls? :)
Okay, now i feel really old! When the chillun's I used to babysit are moving closer to middle aged! Just kidding-about the middle aged! Happy b-day Erik!
Erik, you are a pretty cool guy, the only thing I have to add is that I think you're hilarious. You come up with some pretty funny stuff! Hope you had a great Birthday!
Post a Comment