Jane's last post on the Neighbor Blog reminded me of a bottom-less moment where nightmares come true. To read her blog on dreams coming true, go here it is a laugh out loud must read!
So here goes. Have you ever had one of those days that you start something and then get side tracked and move to something else? You're cleaning the living room and you go to the bedroom to put something away and see that something needs done in there and on it goes all day long. On a day like that, in the afternoon, I went into the downstairs bathroom, saw the shower and decided that I needed to take a shower; a simple, random, unplanned, sidetracked thing to do.
Since I didn't plan to take a shower, I didn't take any clothes into the bathroom. I wrapped a towel over the front of my body and left the bathroom. I heard voices and backed into Seth's bedroom for refuge! I heard the loudest, most blood curdling scream I have ever heard! Seth's friend Kamiko Miyasoki was sitting on the floor in the middle of his room! She could have sung "Moon River, wider than a mile, I'm 'dressing' you is style some day" if she had the presence of mind.
They were both seniors in high school attending Big Bend at the time. I am sure she will be scared for life, poor girl -- poor Seth -- poor ME! Ugh!
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
8 comments:
Oh ho. This was funny, funny, funny. The best part is hearing you laugh (because your laugh carries through the internet, did you know?) as you wrote it. Your title is so perfect, too, Kathy!
That is a classic story! I love to hear it (and tell it...don't shoot me, Mom!)! Is it true what they say, that time heals all wounds...and moons?
I wonder if she remembers this? I will have to ask her. And why don't I remember this happening. Did you swear her to secrecy?
Kathy...that is an incredible moment...I didn't hear the laugh but I heard the scream. My mother has a habit of disrobing in the laundry room and streaking to the bedroom...many of my children have been scared, even a son-in-law. She was a neat freak and didn't want dirty clothes in the hamper?!? Gotta admit that I am pretty calm compared to my Mom!!!
That is really funny and I have to say I am so glad that was you and not me.....
H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S! But in your defense, what was Kamiko doing there in Seth's room on the floor anyways!:)
True, Sarah, my kids didn't usually have anyone of the opposite sex in their rooms. In their defence, the door was open and Seth wasn't on the floor with her!
Mom, what are you doing. Can't names be changed to protect the innocent!
Kamiko was sitting on the floor, in the door way, and Mom just backed right into her. I was across the room and couldn't believe what was happening. I remember thinking, "what on earth is she doing?"
Try as I may, even today, I can't answer that question. Instead, I choose to forget it.
Post a Comment