Two years ago this January, my sister in law Irene Perrins passed away after a short illness. This past summer her husband, Glenn's oldest brother "K" passed away after a short bout with cancer. Yesterday their oldest son Danny (53) passed away in his sleep! We are stunned. That leaves Pam. Pam will be 46 on January 18. She lives alone (with her very big dog) in Chicago. She has never married, and now has no parents or brothers or sisters. Fortunately she has some good friends and we are a large family, but still that is pretty alone. I can't believe that I don't have a picture of her, she is absolutely gorgeous.
Pam told just me a very neat story. She has a good life time friend who lives in Florida. They had spent some time together in Chicago this past holiday and had done some shopping down town. Her friend Anne told her about a book called "Marley and Me". A must read. Pam had looked at the book, but had not bought it. This Monday morning she was talking to Anne and the book was brought up again. Pam went to her book shelf, which has 100's of books on it and found the book "Marley and Me". She asked Anne if she had bought the book and Anne said no you didn't, I told you to, but you didn't buy it. Pam told her that the book was on her shelf. Pam opened the book and there was a sticky note inside to cover that said "Monday A.M. Thought of you when I read this book, am also sending "Sarah's Quilt" one of the best books I have read in a long time, so pick up your mail! My love MOM." (no date) Irene had sent Pam that book some time ago. The two books were together on her shelf. She had found the "Marley and Me" with the note from her mother, just before she got the call from Danny's wife telling her that Danny had died. She had never read it. She is reading "Marley and Me" now and it is giving her great comfort, next she will read "Sarah's quilt". These stories just amaze me, what a comfort to Pam to know that some one is looking after her at this time when she is so alone.
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
6 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS!! I can't believe it. He seemed so healthy. Come to think of it, he was really focused on putting his life in order. I am completely floored at this news!
That story is incredible! I was so sorry to hear about Danny yesterday. Our very first cousin to pass away. I am glad that Pam is able to feel some comfort.
Oh kathy! I am so sorry! Please give my condolences to Pres. Perrins also.
Is this a test to see if we read your blog? I am shocked! How sad.
that is a neat story from Pam.
And I guess he's our second cousin to pass away, how very sad.
ps. love the post about grandpa below.. and I'm so glad I have that picture with him.
I love this story.
Post a Comment