I have been a Laurel adviser many times in my adult life and a Young Women's President 3 times. I love the young women of the church. I have had a witness of the spirit of how valiant they are and how much the Lord loves them! I can honestly say this group of girls are my favorite. They are being silly in this picture.
They were supposed to kiss me in this picture and most of them couldn't get it.
The back row is Taylor Ballard, the newest and youngest of the group. She is a very smart, self confident young woman. Next is Andrea Barlow. She is Moses Lake Junior Miss, a lovely young woman who also is very smart and knows the gospel teaching and is very willing to serve. Front row is Jessica Kinney who is in our class presidency and has some very interesting funny stories to tell about her family! Lily Pyle is the class president and is one busy girl with dance, also 1rst runner up in Junior Miss, she is a spark plug! Jennifer Kinney is the oldest of the Kinney twins and was the class president when I came in. She is dedicated to the church, and it is fun to be with these twins to see how different they are and how well they get along and support each other! Then there is Hannah. Hannah has a glow about her, she is the life of the party and is firmly grounded in the gospel. Her mother is our YW President and is so much fun.
The first Sunday that I taught I gave each girl a hug, and from then on we have given each other a hug. I miss that so much when I am gone. If I am not by the door, such as in an all young women class, they come to me to get their hugs. I think that is why they are my favorite class!
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
3 comments:
They are a fun group. It helps keep you young eh?
I love serving in the young women's too!! I have been the mia maid adviser and the laurel's adviser. I loved it. The young women have such a strong spirit and you can always feel how hard they are trying to make correct choices amongst the craziness of youth these days!! I also heard there is a new value in the young women's values that is pretty cool!!
They just can't seem to keep you away from the youth! As Kimbo said, it will help keep you young. It always helps when they are a good and fun group of girls. The one down side of laurels is that they are always so busy!
Post a Comment