Monday, December 15, 2008

Oh yes he is a good driver!

On November 30, I drove down to Rexburg to see my mother and asked Eric Butterfield to drive down with me as he was returning to BYU Idaho. He was afraid I would be very boring and I was concerned that he would be a good driver. As it turned out we talked all the way down there and had a great time, he was a great driver and I was glad I didn't have to drive all the way and especially drive in the dark. We made it in the best time I have ever made it, 8 hours and 15 minutes. That is because we only stopped once and only drove 5 miles per hour over the speed limit. We had a fun time as we were running low on gas the last 60 miles but didn't want to stop. It had turned into a game to see if we could make it. We made it with one gallon to spare.



Yesterday was his missionary farewell talk so I got my picture taken with him. He said that on the way home he cut someone off just before he stopped at a fast food place. That other person stopped at the same fast food place and yelled at him and said "Hey buddy you had better learn how to drive". Eric was pretty upset by that comment, because he thought he was a pretty good driver. So I am posting this to let everyone know "Oh yes he is a good driver!" Eric will make a great missionary, he has a strong testimony of the gospel, a sound understanding of the Atonement. He centered his talk around Mosiah 8:18 "Thus God has provided a means that man, through faith, might work might miracles; therefore he becometh a great benefit to his fellow beings". I think Eric will be a great benefit to his fellow beings on his mission. He is truly prepared to serve faithfully!



These are just a few of the girls that came to hear Eric talk. They were in tears! It will be interesting to see how many of them will be here when he gets back!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Good Luck to Eric.... I love that boy!

Kimberly said...

That's too funny. I'm glad it was a safe and well-conversed trip. Eric will make a great missionary. Those Butterfields are GREAT people!

Danielle said...

Too bad your trip back wasn't as exciting. At least you got to see Susan, and you made it back safely!