Saturday, December 6, 2008

Beautiful Sunset

I am still in Idaho at my Mother's. I was driving to town at 5:00 p.m. and there was the most beautiful sky. We have a mountain that we all love called King Mountain in the East of the Valley. It was the only mountain that had the sun shining on it from the West. It was radiantly spotlighted. The whole sky was colorful. On the way home the Sunset was so vibrant and covered so much of the sky that I felt like I was being wrapped in the arms of a loving Father in Heaven. I wish I had had my camera in the car, but I would not have been able to capture it. Having the sky so colorful and beautiful and having King Mountain highlighted sun gave me such a spiritual and sacred feeling. It is hard te express my gratitude for the opportunity I had to be a part of it. King Mountain and Sunsets always remind me of my Father and I felt close to him tonight while the sky was so spectacular.

2 comments:

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

I love your feelings about King Mountain. Nicole and I feel the same about Rainbows. I often think of how nature testifies that there is a God and he is so very near. I remember asking my Dad if he thought heaven looked like Lake Roosevelt...it is so beautiful. He smiled and said I don't know Sharon. I said I think it's even better but it definitely has mountains and lakes cause they make my spirit soar. He just smiled! Miss ya!!!

Danielle said...

There is quite a bit of peace there in Lost River. I think part of that comes from Grandpa's great love, respect and knowledge of the area. He taught us all a lot when we were there!