Sunday, November 30, 2008

And here we have Idaho

I am on my way to Idaho again today. Mom has not been doing well, she doesn't eat much and has lost her strength to stand. She went to the Rexburg Hospital on Thanksgiving day. She is getting nourishment and physical therapy and is getting a little stronger. Yesterday she took a few steps and felt a little better. I am looking forward to seeing her.
The day after Thanksgiving my cousin's husband, Ardell Duncan passed away. They were at their cabin getting Christmas trees, he had a cerebral brain hemorrhage. It is tough for his family, but my what a way to go! Diane is my age, Ardell is a couple of years older. He was so strong and healthy. Ardell was always happy and was such a great husband, father and grandfather. He had a way of making every on feel welcome. He loved his grand kids and had a pet nickname for each one of them. He will be missed. They live in Salt Lake City.
Every time I have gone down to Idaho, I have truly been blessed. I don't like to drive all that way alone. First I rode with Jane Payne who was going to Mother's Week. Then I rode with Judy McPheters who was going to help her daughter who was having a baby. Today I am driving, but Eric Butterfield has consented to come with me on his way back to BYU Idaho. I am so thankful for these tender mercies.
I feel like have have had a lot of help getting ready to go. The house is clean, I have meals prepared for Glenn and Clark. Miracle of Miracles we have the Christmas decorations up. Friday morning I made a long list of things to do and I only needed to postpone one thing until I get home. For me to get all that done, go to a baby shower plus all the phone calls with family is truly amazing.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

You are keeping the road to Grandma's house pretty toasty. I am so glad that you are having tender mercies along the way to help get you there. It is special thing to be able to this for your mom. Love you!!

Heather said...

Ditto to everything Danielle said. I hope you are there safe and sound. Tell grandma we love her and are praying for her.

I'm sorry to hear about Diane's husband. what a sad time. It's so hard to say goodbye to people we love so dearly.

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

Kathy, I MISS YOU!!! I don't know Diane but I do know her pain. I ache for anyone who has to go through the separation of a loved one. She is lucky to have you and so are the rest of us! Hurry home...it isn't the same without you! :(

Sarah Rowley said...

I am sorry to hear your mom is not doing well. What a wonderful daughter you are! I know my mom is excited to have her dad move near her so she can help him more. I am sure it feels good to serve your parents in their time of need.