Thursday, November 20, 2008

Two different directions - One great week end!

A few weeks ago Glenn and our sons planned a trip to see Erik in Kansas for a football - funfilled weekend. I have wanted to go see my friend Carolyn Nielson for some time and decided that since they were going to be at the Spokane Airport that I would just book a flight to SeaTac. So we had two completely different trips, but we all had a great time......



Carolyn and I just relaxed, ate out, went shopping, watched a movie, went to church and went to see her two daughters and two grand children. ...And we talked and talked and talked, and laughed and laughed and laughed.

We first met in the early part of 1971 when she was the Mia Maid teacher and I was the Laurel teacher in Meridian, Idaho. Our oldest boys are the same age and were very good friends. Our age group had a lot of young married parties and we were both charter members of the first book club I was in. We have so much in common and have logged many great times. We both left Meridian in 1976 and moved to Moses Lake one month apart. We often wondered how we would have survived without each other. She grew up in Idaho Falls, Id. and I grew up 65 miles West of there in the Lost River Valley. We took many roads trips with all of our children to visit our folks...great times. They moved up to Spokane in 1983 and to Puyalup 1988. Her husband passed away a year ago last February. We feel so blessed for our friendship and for this chance to get together.



My only request for the week end was to eat at a restaurant on the water!



Here is where we ate in old Tacoma!

Carolyn is so beautiful, fun, smart, artistic and spiritual. I love her!



Now for the different direction....Erik and Kristi entertained our men royally. They played Wii until the wee hours in the morning, flexed their vocal cords with cheering for the Jay Hawks and singing Karaoke. Went to Far West and had plenty of good visits.



Clark and Ethan were so excited to be a part of this illustrious bunch of Perrins Men! Here they are just before they left for the game! I am so glad they got this chance to be together!

6 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh Kathy! What a fun weekend for everyone. Good. for. you.

Lori said...

Looks like alot of FUN! Glad your back safe...Lunch?

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

how fun and how fun for the boys to all get together and just have fun!!

Sarah Rowley said...

It is so cool to see all your "boys" together! What a fun time they must have had! Friendships are so special and I admit it is strange to learn of frienships you have had for so long. I have always known you as a mother & aunt. I haven't thought about you as a friend. You have always been a good friend to my mom. Now that I think of you as a fellow adult, I think you must have a lot of good, longlasting friends. Does that make sense? You have such a love for life and a fun personality!

Heather said...

I'm so glad you got to go see Carolyn!! And that the boys got to go stay with the Erik family. They are such fun hosts.

both of you ladies look so cute! I love old friends.. the kind you can pick right back up where you left off with. I'm glad you raised me to be that kind of friend too.

Anonymous said...

I finally found your blog! Well, Kathy, it was such a fun weekend, I don't know if I can wait another year to get together again. My pictures will look much thinner next time, I'm sure! You look gorgeous (and you are). My trip home from the airport was hilarious (but I didn't think so at the time) due to my complete lack of any concept of where I am in space. But I did it, and I'll do it again any time you come...or pick you up from the train, or the bus, or hitchhiking...however you want to come. I love you, my dear friend.