
It is very rare for me to have the privilege of sitting with my husband in church, so I always feel special when I get the chance. As we were sitting together in conference I had a wonderful tender mercy experience come to my memory.
In the spring of 2006 Glenn and I went to New York City, Manhattan to be specific, to sing in Carnegie Hall. We went with Big Bend Community Choir and were joined by choirs from all over the country to sing the "Messiah". We have been singing the "Messiah" every year we can for over 25 years. This was such a special experience for us to do together and we were full of anticipation as we prepared for this once in a life time experience.
The first practice they divided us into sections S,A,T,B, and we were told to stand in order of height and not to stand by someone we knew. As we filed to our places, I was on the end of my alto row and would be seated by a tenor. When they started to fill my row, Glenn just kept getting closer and closer and finally ended up right next to me!!! We could not have planned it!!! I was so thrilled! And people from our choir complained in jest, but, hey we didn't do it, it just happened. It was so wonderful because we were in practice for hours and hours, plus standing for the whole performance, it was wonderful to have his strength by me! Tender Mercy!
Another special thing was when we were in the Hall for dress rehearsal, I thought of my father, Glenn's parents, and our grand parents who have all passed on. I thought that I would like to invite them to our performance and in my minds eye I saw them came, to me it seemed like they came from many generations and filled many seats. What an honor to feel their presence, and what an honor for them to have their descendants sing on the stage of Carnegie Hall. It was overwhelming. Tender Mercy, again. I know the Lord loves and and knows each one of us.
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
5 comments:
I have been blessed with many tender mercies these past weeks. They are truly tender and often come on the wings of my angel friends. Thanks for being one of my angels. Shelly
This is such a sweet post, Kathy. Thank you for sharing it. Hearing about other people's Tender Mercies helps to remind me of my own. Thank you.
I love that story! It makes me melt into a puddle for you that you got to sit by Dad in that huge crowd of people. Sweet, sweet story!
You're a special lady, you know that? I'm so glad you got to have that experience, both you and dad.
loves.
You look so beautiful and Glen ain't too bad either. I am so glad I found your blog. I wish Heather and husband all the best and will pray for them.
Post a Comment