Friday, October 3, 2008

One day better

I had a good day yesterday - 1395 calories. It wasn't easy but I am glad I did, I feel better and ready to go for another day. No bread, no sugar, no chips, no cookies....I can do it...right? Right.

For dinner I had Apricot Glazed Chicken: Stir fry 3 chicken breasts and add a glaze of 1/2 cup Simply Friut Apricot jam and 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar, served over rice, and a big green salad. It is really good and easy. Breakfast was oatmeal. Lunch was Peanut butter on a rice cake and cottage cheese with fruit. I snacked on an apple, a peach/yogurt, and string cheese.

I have my granddaughter here while her mom is subbing at the high school. Mom doesn't want to leave her very often, I think baby misses her mom, but grandma really loves loving this baby. It makes me wish I was this close to all of our grand children. We love them all so much and they are growing so fast.

I am reading a book...The Memory Keepers Daughter. It is by Kim Edwards. I made mistake and thought is was the same author as Life of Bees. I have to say it isn't easy emotionally, but very intriguing.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Well, we still are proud of you! We are lamenting that fact that we won't be seeing you tonight!!

Kathy’s Korner said...

I know it is weird!

Kimberly said...

Awesome!! I wonder if having Baylee there helps! I actually forget to eat sometimes, I especially find it tough to find a time that she'll let me!

Heather said...

Way to go mom! We had pizza for dinner. and I ate m&m's like water throughout the day. And I wonder why I'm getting so fat. hmmm..

Well, it's just about time for a bowl of ice cream! woo hoo!

I should follow your example. Really.

Kristi said...

I've really got to read that book! It has been sitting at my house for 8 months! I really liked The Secret Life of Bees. I didn't realize they were by the same author.