Saturday, October 25, 2008

Helping Angels



Venice Hammond - My Helping Angel!

A few days ago I made a post quoting Brigham Young telling us to make our homes gardens beautiful so that they will be satisfying to us, and that angles will delight to visit us in our beautiful places.

All week I have been cleaning our flower beds and getting them ready for spring. On Wednesday, as my back was hurting while digging, cutting, pulling, the thought went through my mind...."I wish the angels would do more than just visit, I wish they would come and help!"

Thursday my new visiting teachers came and they asked what I had been doing. I told them I was working in my flower beds and Sister Venice Hammond asked if she could come and help! I just burst into laughter. I had to read them the quote! Yes!

In connection, Elder Holland's October conference talk is all about Ministering Angles! I suggest that everyone read, study and ponder his words, council and promises! One quote applies to my experience, "...not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with (and garden with), here, now, every day. Some of them reside in our own neighborhoods. Some of them gave birth to us...."

My blessing tells me that the angels of heaven are constantly watching over me. I know that promise applies to everyone who follows the council of Elder Holland. To this I Testify!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

That is so awesome, Mom! I definitely know that there are angels here for us! I hope your back feels better soon!

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

WOW!!! THAT IS TOO COOL! I have had those experiences too! Sister Hammond help paint my garage with the Bishop and his good wife! We are really blest through the acts of others. I will never forget the cold winter day when you and Clark showed up with shovels and helped me clean my walk and driveway. You have always been a "Helping Angel" to me Kathy! :)

Heather said...

Wow.. now THAT's a visiting teacher! How cool is she.

Sarah Rowley said...

All I could think of is how much my poor flower beds could use your magic touch!