Our son Seth and I were shopping, he called our daughter Heather and woke her up from a nap and asked her to look a phone number for him. She was groggy and he was only half listening to her. He wanted her to look up "All Safe Storage", she didn't hear it right and said "All Face Storage?" He said yes "all Safe Storage." She asked "Face?" YES, "safe and sound" she said "Face Down?" He said YES! She couldn't find it and said "F A C E" and he said YES "S A F E!" This went on for a while. She couldn't find it any where. So he went to the clerk and asked for a phone book and found it, Heather was stunned, there were only 4 storage places in the book, she didn't know how she could have missed it. I just makes me laugh even now! We could really make a long list of what is said and what we hear that could really make us laugh.
Recently I was at my mom's and my sister is living there and caring for her. We did this for about three days! If we were just around the corner and there was a wall between us it was bad. Some mix ups were "Are you printing or am I" I heard..."Are you crazy or am I". I said "I would empty this trash if...." She complete my sentence with"...You had a cash machine?
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
5 comments:
That's a hoot.. if you basically get any two Perrins' on the phone together there's a miriad of miscommunications that will occur. Pay Attention and don't mumble people! oh who am I to talk.
Oh Kathy, I can hear you laughing as you retell this. What a funny memory to keep.
He he... We had another one the other day... of course I can't remember what it was. It's fun to laugh at life!
That is as bad as "L-O-D, BUD"! That is a funny story, though, Mom.
Oh the frustration felt as I said with such annoyance, "Safe, as in Safe and Sound!". And oh, the double frustration as Heather questioned, "Face, as in Face Down?"
Two ships, I guess.
Post a Comment