Whether we move or not is tricky. We have to meet Clark's needs which are unique. If we stay in Moses Lake, which we are planning on doing for now, we would have to move in this neighborhood so that Clark can walk to church, seminary and to friends.
We have to meet my needs which essentially are: 4 bedrooms, ranch style, not a slab foundation, basically a new home, ready to move in, within our price range, smaller yard, view of the Sunset, etc.
Recently I found a home on Baron Place which is right by Bishop Manly's house. I love the street although it didn't meet all of our criteria, it met some. I thought I might list my house and buy that one. After the 4th visit, I realized that there was way too much work to be done to bring it up to my standards. If we downsize, I don't want to uglyize.
Clark did NOT want to move. He was texting everyone he knew telling them, "this is my house, I am not moving". Finally he got smart and came to me with a "deal". He would stop being MAD at me (He has been mad at me for over a year now, go figure) AND he would help me take care of the house and yard.
So both of us came to the conclusion that we do not want to move and since then Clark has been true to his word.
These are some things that he has helped me do:
Clear all the furniture off the deck, and
take it down to the shed.
Clear all the pool furniture and pool stuff
from the pool deck and haul it to the shed.
Help me load the high things in the shed.
Help haul yard waste and trash to the Dump!
And best of all he has a good attitude, which is
refreshing, I'll tell you!
My new mantra is "WE CAN DO THIS"! Since both of us have decided that we want to stay here, I have been working in the yard everyday for at least 1/2 hour. It is amazing how much I can do in that amount of time. It helps a lot that we have simplified our flower beds, they take 1/10 the time. I also did this:
On a beautiful day last week, I vacuumed, swept,
and repeatedly backwashed the pool
getting it ready for the pool people
to come and winterized it.
I was out there a few hours so I listened to
a book on tape and had my phones handy,
just in case...
and I had to pleasure of airplanes
flying over the whole time.
Now the pool is asleep. It dawned on me that all
the stress and work of the pool is only 3 months
out of the year and we also enjoy it those 3 months.
The other 9 months, I don't even have to think
about it! How cool is that?
I also arranged all our summer yard stuff to fit in
the wonderful shed Glenn and Shane built for
the express purpose of storing that stuff. It
all fits with room to spare...
it looks messy, but it isn't.
I love my shed and we are both are so glad we decided
to stay here, I am glad we know we can do this!
I do get Lydsay Thompson to mow my lawn,
when my kids and grandkids aren't here to do it.
That is a huge reason we can do this!
We have had lots of service projects from the
YM and YW in our yard, which we are thankful
for, but I want to be as independent as possible.
0 comments:
Post a Comment