Glenn passed away one week ago today at 10:57. We went out to the cemetery to send up balloons at the exact moment that he passed away. It was a fun way to celebrate his life and send our love up. The grandchildren really enjoyed running and playing, it was such a beautiful day. We have learned to love this new little cemetery, it is just far enough out of town to be in the country, but not too far from town. All of our grandchildren were there, it was really special, I am so glad we were able to go there as a family.
Since the day was so lovely the children were able to play outside. They were so delightful!
We had quite a bit of adult things to do and so they had to fend for themselves most of the day.
They did get a chance to go to "FRANK'S", which has become a family tradition; the cousins
just have to go there. No pictures yet.
The girls put together the "CUP" song, they worked on it all day and then planned a special program
for us with posters, invitations, and tickets. They even served refreshments!
The perfect ending to the day was to go to Bishop Manly's house and watch BYU stomp Boise State.
Go Cougs!
I am pretty sure that I am going to miss being with my family.Most of them are leaving tomorrow. Danielle, Seth and Heather will stay and help me put our house back together.
4 comments:
The funeral was beautiful Kathy.
Isn't that a great little cemetery? We have enjoyed many peaceful hours there.
I'm so glad you could have such a great week with your family.
Much love to you.
This is Peggy...Your family is so awesome! What a wonderful thing to do. Love the blue and white balloons! Such great memories for the grandkids. That Boise State game was a fitting tribute to Glenn!! He will be missed.
Grandkids are full of life! Tickets and refreshments and the cup song. So adorable. Love the balloons.
What a wonderful week to have with your family surrounding you. I noticed "Franks" when I was in town!! So many memories and can't believe it's still open!!!
Post a Comment