Monday, September 23, 2013

Church

Glenn went to church two weeks ago, all of our family came because he spoke and he sang in the Saturday night session of our Stake Conference.  Glenn loves his calling as councilor in the Stake Presidency and is willing to serve as long as he possibly can.  Just before the session we had our family pictures taken by Julie Waites (wonderful photographer).  We are so thankful that all of our children were able to be here.  Thank you to their spouses for the sacrifices they made to make it possible.


  
Between taking family pictures and going to three session of conference he had PAIN to pay!  It took him nearly a week to recover.

Then yesterday he went to 9th Branch conference., did interviews and other things.  This was not nearly as strenuous as Stake Conference,  but he battled pain for the rest of the day and has started this day needing extra pain meds. 

He manages to maintain a wonderful attitude.  When he is in pain he wants it to be under control-but is still gentle and good hearted.  This is a tribute to his strength of character and the great man that he is.

We are so grateful for the wonderful support we feel from all of you and for your love and prayers. We are thankful beyond words for the service that we receive.  Receiving service is one of the hardest lessons I have had to learn through this process. 

5 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I love these pictures!

It was soo good to see you Sunday. I'm so glad you were there.

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

Oh Kathy, what a journey you have been on. I often have wondered what I would have done differently if I had known Paul would slip through the veil when I wasn't watching. I have come to the conclusion...absolutely nothing different. Life is precious ... But the gift of eternal life with our sweet companions and family... That is the treasure! Love to you dear friend.

Deanna/Mimi said...

I take great comfort and caring about you and the words of your blog. I feel your strength. I feel your faith. I feel the love that you and Glenn have and the wonderful family you have raised. You are a choice woman. Your understanding and spiritually is evident in your words, your actions and your strength. Ned and I love you and Glenn.

Grandma & Grandpa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grandma & Grandpa said...

How your and Glenn's attitude and faithfulness inspire and help me! Thank you. It's easy to get discouraged but you help me steer away from that.