Two weeks ago Dr. Julie Smith read the results of the CT scan and the blood test and it was determined that Glenn would no longer take chemo. Since then we have had so many friends and family visit and share with him how he has blessed their lives. It has been humbling and heart warming to receive such an out pouring of love. We have been blessed to have a positive outlook and to be able count so many blessings.
However Wednesday was one of the hardest days of our lives as we signed Glenn up of Hospice. Don't get me wrong, I know that Hospice is wonderful, but who is lining up to be on Hospice?
They will be there as the cancer continues to get stronger and Glenn will need more medication, and other care. I am thankful to have such a great recourse in our community. These people promise to be graciously honest, they have taught me more about grieving and the dying experience than I ever want to know, and this is just the beginning.
I am so thankful that a year ago last March I was able to be with my Mother when she passed away. It was such a blessing, but as we begin this part of our journey, I realize that I have not yet fully mourned my mother's passing. Glenn has been so gracious as he is allowing me to grieve for my mother.
One of the choicest blessings we have are our family and friends. Thanks to all of you who have followed this blog, for your words of encouragement and your prayers of faith!
We are secure in the knowledge we have of Jesus Christ's Atoning Sacrifice for us. We know that we will be with our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ, we know we will be together forever. This knowledge is a great comfort to us. We are grateful for the time that we have had these past four years to be together, to be with family, to fulfill our callings, to take trips, and for all that we have enjoyed.
We plan on having more months to enjoy those things that are the very most important to us: each other, our family, our friends, our Church callings, our home, the beauties of each passing day.
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
3 comments:
At this moment I do not believe I can leave a comment for I cannot think or pull myself together after reading your blog.
I will respond later when I am stronger, but I wanted you to know that your example of this "journey" you and Glenn have thus far taken and will continue to take, is a story of many descriptive words such as: faith, trust, hope, endurance, bravery, courage,laughter, tears, acceptance, graciousness, and last but not least LOVE.
Glenn will be remembered for many wonderful, strong and beautiful qualities and good works. but also how you stood by his side and walked this journey with him. No, this journey is not over...more to go, more to see, more to do and then one day your journey will continue throughout all eternity. I testify to you Kathy that God's love is greater than any love we can comprehend and He has great blessings in store for us...those who have been obedient, who have leaned on God in all ways, those who have lived as his son Jesus Christ lived...righteous, full of patience, enduring the many trials and never quitting and letting Satan have his way. We are God's children...literally...and we all will return to him and in the case of you and Glenn it will be a joyous time when you hear "well done thou good and faithful servant." You both will hear the testimonies of those who went on before...they will testify of how you both helped them, loved them unconditionally, never judging others, but so Christ-like in your lives. Glenn is a giant of a man in all aspects of life. He has been a success in his service, in his compassion, in his ability to help others and his strong love for EVERYONE.
I best close this off as I am probably not making sense right now...my emotions are most evident right now of the knowledge of Glenn's condition. May our Father bless you with the His gracious and wondrous peace. Much Love, Deanna
Kathy, I can't express articulately how much I appreciate your blog and what you have taught me through it. I very much appreciate you keeping us updated on family, life, and Glen's health.
My thoughts and prayers are with you still.
What an inspiration and blessing you both are to all of us. Thank you! We love you. You have blessed our lives and continue to do so with each day of your wonderful faith and courage. Enjoy your family's visit. What a blessing to have them rally round you. L&V
Post a Comment