Wednesday, August 14, 2013

August 14, 2013

Glenn is two weeks out from treatment and has yet to gain his strength back, this chemo is nasty stuff. His is still weak.  The muscles in his back and hip are painful and his feet are very numb (neuropathy) all in all making it hard to walk.  We did go to the temple on last Wednesday and he was able to do his church calling on Sunday.  Other than that he has little desire to get moving about.

These past two weeks Glenn has had what we call Chemo pain, or pain as a result of the Chemotherapy.  That is starting wear off and now he can start to feel the pain in his bones where the tumors are.  Ugh, that will probably become more painful until he gets his next treatment.  When he gets his next treatment, it should be different from the last four that he has had.  They have been terrible.

Today our 18th grandchild was born.  She weighed 8 pounds and is 20 inches long.  She was born at 1:56 PM.  She is our 10th granddaughter.  She is a pretty little baby girl.  Can't wait to find out what her name is!

2 comments:

Grandma & Grandpa said...

Congratulations on that new baby girl! Are they in Utah? That is a joy to add to your wonderful family.--How our hearts ache for the pain Glenn is experiencing and for you too, as watching the one you love most suffer is terrible! Our prayers are with you. I wish there were something, anything, we could do! We were so glad to see you at the temple, but just have felt like you don't need company. If you do, please tell me. We love you!L&V

Deanna/Mimi said...

A message of mixed feelings that I share with you. First of all congratulations on the granddaughter. That is wonderful news. To hold that precious baby will be a comfort to you, a precious gift from God to a wonderful family. I am sure you are a fabulous grandmother and any child that comes into your life is going to be blessed.
About Glenn...I could not help but get emotional when I read about Glenn. I am sure he is tired of the constant pain and yet he finds the strength to go to the temple and also fulfill his church calling. I don't know how he does it, except he has the will and that speaks volumes of the exceptional man that he is. I wish I could take his pain upon myself so he could have a day of peace and rest. I wish I could help. I wish I could make it all go away. Sometimes in my own case I have to think about that in Gods time it is only "seconds' even though in my time it is months, years, but I always try to think that this is just a small amount of time of pain compared to all eternity. Kathy, you have been God's angel and you have truly felt Glenn's pain, his needs, been his comfort, his rock, his exceptional companion that gives him courage and strength and the will to fight. You are a beautiful woman and you certainly have brought all of your inner beauty to this trial so your eternal companion can feel your goodness and your dedication. Hope that all makes sense, but I know you are the one who makes his days "sunny", his days full of love. Your teamwork is remarkable. God bless you and Glenn in this journey...one day my friend there will be no more pain, no more sorrow, no more tears...there will only be smiles, peace and contentment. Ned and I love you both very much. Deanna