We went to the Dr. to get the results of Glenn's CT scan and blood draw. His CEA is at 19.1, the highest it has been. The cancer fluid that he had last year is back. There is just a little (much better than last year) in his abdomen area (about 2 cups) and some in-between his ribs and his lungs. He has had pain in that area and has developed a cough when he lays down. He also has a spot on his right hip bone that has been causing a great deal of pain. Right now the Dr. thinks it is the same esophageal/stomach cancer that he has had. He starts chemo therapy infusions tomorrow morning at 9:00. He is not looking forward to it at all, but wouldn't think of not fighting. The Dr is very hopeful that this will work as well as it did the last time. I am too. I will be making updated post from time to time and also posts on Facebook, but not is as much detail. You have all be so kind in asking about Glenn and showing your concern and much appreciated prayers.
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
3 comments:
I am so sorry to read your posting precious Kathy and the sorrow you and Glenn must be feeling. One of your strengths is that both of you know how to bounce back from any affliction, any disappointment, any trial. You will conguer this. I cannot help but think of the added years you have had together because of his faith and trust in the Lord and the prayer of his heart, plus your support and love has kept him going. I will certainly be praying for the both of you. Love, Deanna
So sorry to hear the news. I will keep uncle Glenn in my prayers!!!
Oh no! Darn it. Glens cancer reminds me of a boxing match. So glad Glen keeps winning the rounds.
Post a Comment