Thursday, March 29, 2012

One Day in the Life of Clark-When He Was in High School

I found this little story among some papers I was going through today.  It was an email I had sent to the kids when Clark was in high school.
"Let me tell you what kind of a day Clark had Wednesday.  I took him to school because it was so cold.  I decided to go swimming (at Diobilos) while I was out.  I drove past the high school to the corner before I realized I still had him in the car.  So I gave him a lecture that he was supposed to tell me when I did things like that!  I drove around the block (which was easier than turning around in the high school traffic).  When I got to the high school, I drove past it again.  This time he said "what are you doing"?  It had me chuckling all day.  
I started to tell Glenn about it in the evening and before I was into the story very far, he was laughing...when I was done he told me what he did to Clark...Glenn was supposed to take Clark to Pyle's house, just around the block.  Glenn stopped at Welty's house on the way to drop off a piece of paper.  Glenn gave the paper to Clark and told him to take it to Pyle's.  Clark looked at him funny, because the car was parked in front of Welty's, but he got out of the car and headed to Pyle's.  Glenn stopped him and said, I meant Welty's.  
When we were telling each other our stories we were laughing so hard and I have to say, Clark didn't think it was funny.   We told him he was really going to have to keep us in line in our old age"!  
That was a few years ago, so think how hard his job is now!

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

I love it.

Kimberly said...

Oh Clark. What a trial. That is a funny story. It's SOOOO funny because you both did it. Bwah ha ha

Danielle said...

The best part is getting a visual in my head of all of you going through that! Teeheehee

Anonymous said...

That is one funny story! L&V