Sunday, March 18, 2012

"Home Sweet Home"

My mother passed away tonight at 8:35.  I really wanted to be with her when she passed.  I am so thankful that the Lord in His mercy saw fit to grant me that honor.  My two sisters were also here.  She passed peacefully in her home, it is an experience like no other.  She wanted to endure to the end and she did.  She is a wonderful woman and I am so grateful she is with my dad after an 11 year separation.

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

Even though I was expecting it soon, I was still surprised and a little sad when it actually happened. She was a pretty amazing woman!

Kimberly said...

Even though I was expecting it soon, I was still surprised and a little sad when it actually happened. She was a pretty amazing woman!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I'm so glad you could be there. Birth and death are both incredible miracles, aren't they. I'm just so glad you were able to be with her.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Danielle said...

I, too, am so glad that you got to be there. You and your siblings are in our prayers as you endure this moment in time. We are sad as we remenisce about Grandma...but are so happy for the reunions that took place last night. What an experience.

Sure love you, Mom.

Mandy Rasmussen said...

I am so glad you were able to be with your mother in her passing. It's an incredible experience to witness. I myself seeing my grandfather pass away - thought it was a very spiritual experience and felt honored to be by his side when he passed. I pray for peace and comfort to be with you and your family.
Hugs,
Mandy

Anonymous said...

Well, my comment just disappeared, so I'll try again. Certainly hope it doesn't publish twice!
Just wanted to express out love to you. I know how much you'll miss your mom. I'm glad you were able to be with her and that she passed peacefully to the next realm with your father.
Sending love, L&V

Anonymous said...

Well, my comment just disappeared, so I'll try again. Certainly hope it doesn't publish twice!
Just wanted to express out love to you. I know how much you'll miss your mom. I'm glad you were able to be with her and that she passed peacefully to the next realm with your father.
Sending love, L&V

Anonymous said...

Well, my comment just disappeared, so I'll try again. Certainly hope it doesn't publish twice!
Just wanted to express out love to you. I know how much you'll miss your mom. I'm glad you were able to be with her and that she passed peacefully to the next realm with your father.
Sending love, L&V

Anonymous said...

You were so inspired to spend time with your precious mother. Please know that you are in our prayers. Can you imagine the JOY as your dear father hugged your mom and welcomed her home? Lots of hugs! Tamara