Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Our independent Son...Part 1


We have or rather I have always been challenged to keep track of Clark. He has a mind of his own and there is a disconnect when I try to inhibit it! I was talking to Seth and telling him of some of my trials in this area. Lest you think I am a bad mother or that I have my head buried in the sand, I want you to know that I have used every method at my disposal, short of tying him up, to keep tabs on him. He is a slippery kid and has eyes in the back of his head, yes a role reversal, I know, but hey, we all acknowledge that he is special, right? Well brace your self, these are true embellished stories, that make me quake when I think of them.

When he was just a little kid and could ride a little "big wheel" he would take off to unknown parts at the drop of a hat. He was just a little bigger than this picture above. One morning a friend of mine who worked at Earl and Earl on Pioneer Way, called me and told me that she was pretty sure that she saw Clark ride by on his big wheel in his pajamas! She was right! Thank you, for angels in the form of friends and those unseen angels that got him past all the intersections and all the traffic safely.

1 comments:

Deanna/Mimi said...

Oh Kathy...I enjoy your posts so very much. The "journey" with you and Glenn with his illness; the gift you have of expressing your life with a great family, flowers, decorating, remodeling. All so interesting. But this post on your precious son has to top all. I can only imagine your constant efforts to watch over Clark. I look forward to your next story! Have you thought of writing a book?? It would be one of joy, humor, pride, hard work, determination, tears, laughter, etc. Would make a good read...just like your posts on your blog. Hugs...Deanna