Two weeks ago we were in Provo tending
Heather and Kirk's two babies
while they took a much needed cruise.
Heather and Kirk's two babies
while they took a much needed cruise.
Jack was 10 months old and Anna was 51/2 months old.
Along with tending the babies, we had to feed the cat.
And go over to Kirk's brother's house next door and
feed his two cats, never letting them out!
Day One
Arrive and get all the instructions on:
Bottles, baths, medicine, babies schedules, and individual likes and dislikes
All that kind of stuff.
Day Two
First full day on our own,
the next 9 days loom before us as never ending.
Babies Up, Babies Down.
Babies Eat, Babies Sleep.
Babies Laugh, Babies Cry.
Change One Baby's Diaper,
Change Two Babies Diapers.
Play with Babies,
Sing to Babies,
Read to Babies.
Bottles, Blankets, Snuggles, and Pacifiers.
Wrap up tight and please sleep all night!
This is the day I lost the cat next door. Poor me! Poor Cat! Poor Kyle!
This is a scaredy cat so I am in trouble trying to get her in!
By divine intervention and cat whispering, whew, I coaxed her in!
Day Three
Sunday, go to meeting day!
Baths, showers, dress, pack the diaper bag
and head off to Spanish Fork to go to church with the Seth Perrins Family.
Well, thank heavens the kids are securely strapped in,
because they survived our little car accident just fine.
At the stop light, the driver to our left decided to turn right, right in front of us,
there was no way to avoid the collision.
What an adventure!
Day Four
We brave another run to Spanish Fork,
this time to spend the evening with the Jeremy Perrins Family.

Carving pumpkins with their family was fun.
Alaina and Grandpa are working hard.
Jack and Anna could care less.
Day Five
We decided to break up our day and go look at houses.
Two kids bundled up, strapped in, have bottles will travel!
So this is the plan... as the babies are asleep,
I will go in and look at the house while Glenn stays in the car.
Then Glenn will go in, good plan, right?
When I come out, Glenn is out of the car talking one the phone about our accident.
(He had to step out, you see, because he didn't want to wake the babies!)
You see this coming right? Yes! He locked the keys in the car.
(That mystery remains unsolved!)
Frantic Grandmother! Helpful Sales Associate calls 911!
Babies cry, grandma and grandpa sing, tap on window, babies cry!
Day Six
We wake up to this!
The kids to this:
And This:
And This
And this:

Day Seven
We discover that Jack has two new teeth!
No, they aren't the obvious ones,
they are the one on the top right and on the bottom, to the right of the big ones.
And Anna is just too tired to care!

Day Eight
We pack up the kit and caboodle and head for Logan.
Aunt Danielle and Cousin Chase and Uncle Jeff are happy to see our little group
Thing go pretty much the same as all the days before
Good night little ones, sleep tight!
Day Nine
Happy Halloween!
I regret that I don't have a better picture of the babies with Chase.
Chase is the one in red,
He is Mario and his mom worked all day on his hat.
It was cuter than it looks.
Anna the dinosaur
And Jack the Jack _ _______!
Oh and Glenn left this day, drove home alone to do his church calling,
leaving me in Danielle's capable hands!
Our car was down there, because we left it there,
and flew home from the previous trip.
Day Ten
Quite benine.
We went to church, I took a nap.
We packed up our little troupes.
Drove to Diamond parking lot by the air port to meet up with Heather and Kirk.
...Now finding that place is another story...
Let me just say that the iphone is a great tool if you are thinking straight!
Day Eleven
I did what I could to help the vacationers get settled in.
Then I flew home!
Along with tending the babies, we had to feed the cat.
And go over to Kirk's brother's house next door and
feed his two cats, never letting them out!
Day One
Arrive and get all the instructions on:
Bottles, baths, medicine, babies schedules, and individual likes and dislikes
All that kind of stuff.
Day Two
First full day on our own,
the next 9 days loom before us as never ending.
Babies Up, Babies Down.
Babies Eat, Babies Sleep.
Babies Laugh, Babies Cry.
Change One Baby's Diaper,
Change Two Babies Diapers.
Play with Babies,
Sing to Babies,
Read to Babies.
Bottles, Blankets, Snuggles, and Pacifiers.
Wrap up tight and please sleep all night!
This is the day I lost the cat next door. Poor me! Poor Cat! Poor Kyle!
This is a scaredy cat so I am in trouble trying to get her in!
By divine intervention and cat whispering, whew, I coaxed her in!
Day Three
Sunday, go to meeting day!
Baths, showers, dress, pack the diaper bag
and head off to Spanish Fork to go to church with the Seth Perrins Family.
Well, thank heavens the kids are securely strapped in,
because they survived our little car accident just fine.
At the stop light, the driver to our left decided to turn right, right in front of us,
there was no way to avoid the collision.
What an adventure!
Day Four
We brave another run to Spanish Fork,
this time to spend the evening with the Jeremy Perrins Family.

Alaina and Grandpa are working hard.
Jack and Anna could care less.
Day Five
We decided to break up our day and go look at houses.
Two kids bundled up, strapped in, have bottles will travel!
So this is the plan... as the babies are asleep,
I will go in and look at the house while Glenn stays in the car.
Then Glenn will go in, good plan, right?
When I come out, Glenn is out of the car talking one the phone about our accident.
(He had to step out, you see, because he didn't want to wake the babies!)
You see this coming right? Yes! He locked the keys in the car.
(That mystery remains unsolved!)
Frantic Grandmother! Helpful Sales Associate calls 911!
Babies cry, grandma and grandpa sing, tap on window, babies cry!
Day Six
We wake up to this!
Day Seven
We discover that Jack has two new teeth!
No, they aren't the obvious ones,
they are the one on the top right and on the bottom, to the right of the big ones.
Day Eight
We pack up the kit and caboodle and head for Logan.
Aunt Danielle and Cousin Chase and Uncle Jeff are happy to see our little group
Thing go pretty much the same as all the days before
Good night little ones, sleep tight!
Day Nine
Happy Halloween!
I regret that I don't have a better picture of the babies with Chase.
Chase is the one in red,
He is Mario and his mom worked all day on his hat.
It was cuter than it looks.
leaving me in Danielle's capable hands!
Our car was down there, because we left it there,
and flew home from the previous trip.
Day Ten
Quite benine.
We went to church, I took a nap.
We packed up our little troupes.
Drove to Diamond parking lot by the air port to meet up with Heather and Kirk.
...Now finding that place is another story...
Let me just say that the iphone is a great tool if you are thinking straight!
Day Eleven
I did what I could to help the vacationers get settled in.
Then I flew home!
4 comments:
Oh! My! Goodness! I'm glad you and the babies survived!!! What's this about looking at houses? Hmmm?
Oh! My! Goodness! I'm glad you and the babies survived!!! What's this about looking at houses? Hmmm?
You win Grandparents of the year!
Those babies are ADORABLE! Hope you're getting a well-deserved rest!!
Post a Comment