Now that Glenn is finished with cancer treatment, it is time to focus on other things; vacations, kids coming home for visits, yard work work work and deep cleaning our house.
I had the bright idea to move our entertainment center!About the house...
On Monday, June 7th
On Monday, June 7th
It is very old so we decided to paint it RED (yum)!
Then we needed to paint our fireplace!
(for the third time since we have been here)
We painted it BLACK (what was I thinking)?
Since it looked like coal, we (Glenn)
primed and painted it again!
The paint store mixed the color wrong! So it needs to be painted again!
Since we moved the entertainment center,
and that was such a big move,
we decided to paint the whole room plus the ceiling!
Since we moved everything away from the walls, we decided to
replace a baseboard heater that hasn't worked for years
with just plain baseboard!
Since we moved the entertainment center,
the cable outlet has to be moved!
Since the room was half empty,
and we need new carpet anyway,
we decided to re-carpet the family room...
the hall... Clark's room... the stairs...
and the living room!
With the family room looking spanking new,
and since the room
doubles as Glenn's office,
and the old filing cabinet we have is all decrepit....
we bought a new filing cabinet!
We looked at the downstairs hallway...
it needed to be painted;
walls, baseboard, door trim, and ceiling,
all before the carpet comes!
So since we painted the trim in the hallway,
we needed to paint the trim in the bathroom!
Then we took some stuff out of Clark's room
to get ready for the new carpet!
It was plain to see that his room needed to be
painted, the trim needs to be caulked and painted, too!
Clark's bookcase and desk are looking shabby (not sheik),
so he needs a new desk and bookcase!
We have needed to
fix and refinish the wood on the stairs,
so of course that needs to be done
before the carpet comes!
All the STUFF needs to be moved out
of the rooms that are getting new carpet!
We can't put EVERYTHING back,
so we need to sort through books, videos, papers, etc!
We can't put ANYTHING back into the rooms
until they are sparkling clean...
windows, light fixtures, cobwebs, baseboards,
etc, etc, etc!
Now that my eyes are trained, I can see that it is time to
replace the rug and shower curtain
in the upstairs bathroom, as well as
the bedspread in the guest room!
Now the garage is full of all the STUFF
that we aren't putting back into the rooms.
Sometime after the kids' visits,
the yard work,
and the vacations,
we will need to have a
garage sale!
As we are doing all of the above,
our flower beds need to be:
weeded,
edged,
treated with preen or casseron,
and mulched with beauty bark.
Just because we moved the entertainment center,
doesn't mean that we can forget
that we have a swimming pool that
needs to be kept clear and sparkling!
Since the house will be all cleaned up,
fixed up and painted,
the pavement needs to be swept and hosed down!
(Actually, it needs to be replaced, but that is another story!)
Meanwhile,
Glenn is re-staining the deck so that we
can put out all of our deck furniture!
The electrician and cable guys are coming on Monday.
I get my hair cut on Tuesday.
The carpet comes Wednesday.
It's my turn to host a luncheon on Thursday.
We are going to the temple on Friday.
Glenn is speaking in conference on Saturday.
We have conference on Sunday.
Glenn is going to girls camp on Monday.
Next week I will have just enough time to finish
cleaning the rest of the house...
The kids start coming on Wednesday the 23rd.
THEN, we can:
RELAX!
SWIM!
LAY IN THE SUN!
LOUNGE ON THE DECK!
WATCH TV!
GRILL AND ENTERTAIN!
(oh ho, we need a new grill)
AND TAKE THAT VACATION!
So far, it has cost us $3962,93 to move that entertainment center!
Now that is an expensive muffin!
14 comments:
Is anyone else completely exhausted just listening to that "muffin"?
You don't, by chance, have any pictures of this horrendous cupcake, do you? I love me a good before and after pic!
Oh Kathy...what a good, hearty laugh I had. All of that just because of an entertainment center. So funny! I could not help but think of the "domino effect" of our choices!!! What a schedule you have this week. I do so envy you your energy, good health and willingness of heart and mind to do all that. Whew! You are strong in so many ways and a woman I admire greatly. You are loved! Deanna
Now that's one expensive muffin...but it sounds like a beautiful one. I'm glad you got so much done. Whoa.
Wow!!! Sounds like a lot of work...but oh how nice it will be! Hope to see you at the end of the summer! :)
Wow, you two have been busy! I can't wait to see how it all looks!
I feel like I just ate a dozen Costco sized muffins!! I can't wait to see it all! we need your handy skills here!
Bwah ha ha . It keeps going too!
Oh funny! That sounds like some of our "little" projects! We'll be in Idaho next week-end and Vaughn is very sad about missing conference. Hope all goes great (and of course it will) V&L
We are living in a Parallel universe!!! I can't wait to stop and see everything. Maybe between........I might not get to see it until it is time to change it again!!!!
It will be fun to see it all! Whew! I'm tired just reading it! You should be on HGTV!
IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!! As are you.
Love,
BRENDA
What a Joy that you can concentrate on these amazing rojects. Happy that you got so much accomplished in such a short time. And what a JOY that you will be able to enjoy family this week. WE LOVE YOU!
NO more muffins for you! You wore me out, too, reading about all you did, are doing, will end up doing just because you wanted that muffin! I get wanting life to slow down but I'm afraid when it does, I'll find myself really old! Thank goodness for busy!
So glad Glen is doing so well! Prayers are answered! And, I loved this post - reminds me of my spring cleaning! How fun to have all that work done!!! So happy for you guys!
Post a Comment