Friday, March 19, 2010

How I spent my money this morning...


I am probably way behind the rest of you in some of the following areas. From all my reading, I have gleaned that when you microwave in plastic containers, toxins get in the food. Same with freezing in them. Hence the Pyrex glass containers, because I love to cook and freeze, It is the only way I can keep up with the meals and everything else. I didn't buy the books this morning, but they are the cause of this spending. Xylitol is as natural sweetener that can be used like sugar. Stevia is another natural sweetener. Raw apple cider vinegar is used in many of the recipes in the beautiful "Feel Good Cookbook, cooking with whole foods". Then there is Healthy Mayonnaise and Whey Protein Powder, which has become a staple in our diet.

I have said before that Glenn is going to a Naturopath. He has lots and lots and lots of supplements and I do lots and lots of cooking. The ND recommends; no sugar, cut way back on dairy, and Chinese mushrooms. (Can't abide the Chinese mushrooms, we had to get that in a tincture.) Blaulalalala.

I bought a coffee grinder, because Glenn can't swallow pills. I put some in his smoothie yesterday (he gets at least two high protein smoothies a day) that was nasty!! So I bought the coffee grinder, with the hope that he can down the powder with apple sauce. Poor guy, wish him well.

5 comments:

Deanna/Mimi said...

A little different "pantry" then most of us have, but I would say much healthier. I hope you have better luck than I with your red-lidded pyrex dishes. I have had the blue-lidded one before and did not have the problem..which is I cannot get the red lids on to fit the glass dish. Don't know if I was doing something wrong or what, but I ended up on giving them away to someone who said they will try. I am on the lookout for the blue-lidded pyrex...if you ever see any let me know. I am sorry that Glenn is having problems swallowing. Applesauce is a great idea. My best to both of you. Hugs.

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

It reminds me of when Paul was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. I had to learn to cook totally different. He couldn't have sugars or most fats. That put and end to casseroles and most dining out. I didn't know that about plastic. Keep sharing things you find out. Eating healthy is important for all of us! :)

Grandma & Grandpa said...

We got back from our "helping the kids" trip to Idaho and just read your posts. We were very surprised that Glenn is getting chemo again! His eyes must be doing great for them to do that again and so that's good news!! We certainly do wish him well--with getting the pills down, with the chemo, and all else! Sending our love, L&V

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

I only knew that about plastic because Lanith freaked out on me once about doing that and if Lanith freaks out about something you know it's bad, since she is always so layed back about everything else!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the reminders about eating healthy. President Perrins is so blessed to have such a loving, caring nurse!