We saw both the oncologist and the ophthalmologist on Monday. His eyes are still healing, I have to say they look awesome. He finished this last round of chemo with only a little nausea, some mouth sores were beginning to form. They are healing. His blood tests were awesome, no sign of cancer in any other organs! He is getting is vim and vitality back! We have two weeks off, then two more treatments.
We celebrated by going to Michaels Market & Bistro, then we went furniture shopping. That held my attention at bit more than the two men. Glenn found a nice easy chair to wait in and after missing Clark for a while, I looked and found him sprawled out on a nice comfy mattress. OOPS.
The highlight of the afternoon was "coin" shopping. Glenn has decided, now that he is retired, this would be a fun hobby. He bought some coins and has been looking them up and categorizing them. Anyone who knows him would know this is a perfect hobby for him! I surprised him this morning by presenting him with several coins that I have been collecting through the years. He was delighted. REALLY DELIGHTED. He kept asking, when did you get this one? Where did you get this one? I could never be a serious coin collector, but I do enjoy them. I also enjoy shopping for them! I can see now, that is will be a little easier for me to coax him to take those little trips around Washington State that I have been wanting to take, lucky me!
It was fun to just relax and have a fun time out on the town, after that intense experience with his eyes. This is part of retirement that I have been looking forward too!
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
8 comments:
I'm so glad to hear he's improving day by day. I could see dad as an avid numismatist.
What a joy to hear that Glenn is doing so well. I can hear the "music" in your email and see the "son" brightly shining over your home. Very good news.
Good News!!! Kim is a casual coin collector. You would really enjoy Kim...Paul would like him too. It is always a relief to hear the tests are coming back with no more cancer scares. Love Ya...Sharon
Love, love, love to hear all the good news: healed eyes, only two more treatments to go, shopping, coin collecting. YEAH! So grateful you are beginning to enjoy the retirement you have looked forward to for years! Hugs from Arizona! Will be home tomorrow! Love you! Tamara
So very glad that things are looking so good. What a blessing!! Sending our love, L&V
I'm so glad Glenn is feeling better and that his numbers look good. Just two more treatments and he should be on the road to recovery. I'm still praying for him every day, as I know many people are. Bette
Happy Birthday Kathy! I hope you have a great day - love, Hilda Grant
Glad to hear you are getting good reports. They are well deserved!
Post a Comment