Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ta Da!


This is Glenn, 12 days out of surgery, he looks great, but his voice is still raspy from the tubes being down his throat. We had a great drive home and he is doing well here.


Prelude to heel clicking, wait a couple of weeks for that.

Our dear friend Carolyn, with us before we took off from Puyallup. We have been friends since 1970 when we first moved to Meridian Idaho. They moved to Moses Lake one month after we did in 1976, it was a life savor for all of us. They move away in 1984. Her husband died 3 years ago, we missed him, but it was so wonderful to be in her home and to spend time together. Carolyn and I haven't skipped a beat over these many years.
Danielle came to help, she is such a speedy girl. We love having her here and the hope of whipping our house back into shape. Plus all the funny things she says. Except when I am too tired. It was great to have her drive us home.

8 comments:

Deanna/Mimi said...

WOW!!!! Your man looks fantastic. And so do you! You reflect one another's joy in being home, being around your "comfort zone". Take good care of one another. Glad Danielle can be with you.

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

You look GREAT Kathy!!! I love your smile...you smile with your heart, mind and soul. Prez looks pretty darn good too! I am glad your friends and children have been there for you. Another tender mercy! May the coming days be full of "rainbows"...you so deserve them! Consider yourself hugged...Sharon :)

Heather said...

seeing Dad in those photos makes me cry. I know that doesn't make any sense because he really looks so great. It's just that I really really want this to be over and the fact that it's not is really sinking in. I have been praying my heart out for Dad all day and can't wait to hear the words Cancer Free. Kirk, Jack and I wish we could be there to give you all big hugs.

Did you paint that painting in Carolyn's home? It looks like yours!

Love you. Glad you're home safe and glad Danielle is there to take care of you both.

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

Do you paint Kathy? I know you paint walls...do you paint scenery. Nothing you do surprises me...you are so talented!!!

Unknown said...

All of you look fantastic. Danielle, you are melting away. We are so grateful you are here to help in so many ways! WELCOME HOME!

Grandma & Grandpa said...

So glad you're home. You both look great! Love, L&V

Brad and Barb Cahoon said...

Our thoughts and prayers remain with you, Kathy and Glenn. We are certain that the Lord will guide your path and decisions, as well as continue to bolster your strength. Thanks for letting us into your lives. A great quote from my nephew's blog: "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain." Keep up that jig, by baby steps of course!

Sarah Rowley said...

Good to see that man up and around! Raspy voices are sexy anyways!