Friday, January 8, 2010

Good Evening (Friday)

Glenn had a rough spot for about one and a half hours this morning, that is when I was really pulling on faith and prayers. His N/G tube came out and he had a coughing spasm that wouldn't quit. He was worried that he was tearing his new stitches. I had the Doctor come in and she was very reassuring that every thing was fine. That really helped calm him down. He was wondering what he gotten himself into. But since then he has done very well. They also took out his catheter and his GI track in functioning! He just keeps passing mile posts. The next one is to take the epidural out and the rest of the tubes.

Then of course there is the biggest mile post, that is to start eating again. He was watching a commercial on TV about dog bones and he said he would be happy to eat a dog bone. He told me to go down and eat a piece of apple pie, I asked him if that is what he was wanting and he said yes. He is also thinking that a triple thick chocolate shake would be good. I don't eat anything in his room, I just don't have the heart for it and he doesn't have the stomach for it!

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Kathy,

Tannya and Ray are in the area, and I had dinner with them tonight. We tried to send you a message through the blog, and for some reason it didn't go through. Kathy really wanted you to know that she is thinking of you and Glenn. They will be in Seattle until Wed. and are staying at The Red Lion on 5th (Ave.?) It is so good to read your positive reports on Glenn's recovery. I laughed out loud that he was ready to eat a dog bone. His humor bone is intact!
Love,
Carolyn

Carolyn said...

Oops! I meant "Tannya" instead of "Kathy" in the "really wants to know" sentence. I guess you figured that out.

cmn

Unknown said...

We are grateful that President Perrins' appetite is coming back. I hope you enjoyed the apple pie for him. . . .. and that soon he can be eating real food. Do we just take so many things for granted???? We are grateful his sense of humor is still wonderful. Wonder how the dog bone would taste????????

Hugs from Moses Lake!

Danielle said...

Oh, you two are a hoot. That last line was spot on! Seriously, what did you two sign up for!?

Love love love to you both! I am really anxious to see you!!

Korbi said...

Hugs to you both and keep the positiveness coming, it is so great to hear such great milestones are happening. We love you!