
Kimberly woke up early to make rolls. She does a great job, but this time she forgot the yeast. Her second attempt didn't even launch, at which point, I was planning to take over, because I was just finishing the pumpkin pie filling. I tasted the filling, which is something I NEVER do, oops, I forgot the sugar! I dumped both messes and Glenn and I went to Safeway, Walmart, and Food Pavilion to round up rolls and pie. All the time we were out we were comforting our selves with the fact that Heather was home baking a pumpkin cake that we would all enjoy! That turned out to be failure also! So we think this picture is a good likeness of our family this year! The way I felt last night, it could be the exact picture of every Thanksgiving to come!
Oh, by the way, I am Thankful for:
- My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who sustains me day to day
- My dear sweet husband
- My children, their spouses, and their children
- The great music, art, and literature of the world
- Our freedom
- Electronics!
- My wonderful home, and all that entails
- The means to care for our selves
- Good health
3 comments:
So true. The excitement on their faces as they uncover the store-bought goodies... Love it! It was us for sure, the store did just fine this year. We couldn't have recovered without some help.
Stupid, dumb, dumb, Stupid cake!! I can't believe I ruined that too. ugh. But somehow dinner was still just absolutely delicious! I enjoyed every bite much more than I even anticipated. :)
It was an adventure that's for sure. And we're all still friends :)
We had a great time. We wish we were still there. And we are going through Baylee withdrawls :( Mooooooo!
Thanks for sharing with us. . . . .Our wonderful memories are so varied, aren't they? Mixed with the good, the bad, and the hilarious. We are so fortunate to have so many, many blessings! I have had withdrawals without the internet for soooooooo long.
Post a Comment