Glenn had a wee bit of a rocky start this morning. He got nausea and we had to switch drivers at that first rest stop past Dodson Road! That was about 8:15 and he had it until after radiation at 11:45. He is in treatment now.
His stomach is raw from the radiation, his Doctor is giving him a prescription to numb it while he eats. He has moved to soft foods like yogurt, milk shakes, soft boiled eggs, milk. He can eat some soups and he does well with salads. He is not really a complainer though. He just keeps asking the Doctors if they can check and see if there are any results so far, so that they could reduce the frequency and intensity of the treatments. Dream on Glenn!!!!!!! It makes perfect sense to him.
We see so many things over here that remind us of how truly blessed we are. You are not going to see this picture very clearly, but I wanted to put it in any way. Out the window here, just over Glenn's head, there are two homeless people having dinner. They are camped out under a freeway. You can see lots of trash there also. The biggest white spot is one of the people. I had to take the picture through the window, that is why it is so bad. There are so many homeless people here, it just breaks my heart!
5 comments:
I LOVE it when you post pictures of Dad. It brings you guys closer.
Still wish I was there.
You look good, Dad. What a trooper. Have a good Tuesday!
We think about you and pray for your complete (and fast if possible) recovery!
We've been gone so I haven't talked to Gwen, but people say that she looks amazingly good and is doing well. She starts her chemo in another week, I understand.
Kim scared us with a possible heart problem, but things seems to be OK. She's 41 and that's when Steve had his big heart attack. Those genes!
Take care. We love you. Loye and Vaughn
I hope Glen has a good week. Last week was 1/2 this week will be 2/3 You are both and inspiration to all of us.
What a JOY it is to go onto your blog and be so uplifted. We have so much to be grateful for. We were all so touched with President Perrins sweet testimony on Sunday. After the treatment on Monday you are more than halfway done! YEAH! WE LOVE YOU!
Glenn looks great...much better than he feels I am sure. (But having an excuse to drink milkshakes might not be too bad??) You are an amazing and inspiring couple!! This blog is so fantastic. What a history you are making for your posterity. (Someday we must have a discussion about getting ORGANIZED!) Much love and many blessings, Carolyn
Post a Comment