About 3:30 today, Glenn and I stepped out our back door onto the deck, both of us commenting on what a beautiful day it is! Then we each took a second look! Box elder beetles we on the attack! There was an army of them creeping up the side of our house! Hundreds of the little critters! So we did what any self respecting home owners would do. We got out the bug spray and committed genocide on every beetle we could find!
Earlier today I saw a beetle in our bathroom and I killed it. Last week, as in past years, I saw a nest of box elder beetles in our fire pit, in the back yard. I did nothing. Big mistake. As if have pondered these beetles gone amuck, it has made me think about cancer. I think this beetle infestation was at a stage 2. Stage 4 would be a complete take over of our house. I am glad we saw them when we did, but I wish that I would have taken steps to eradicate them from our yard when I first saw them.
Earlier today I saw a beetle in our bathroom and I killed it. Last week, as in past years, I saw a nest of box elder beetles in our fire pit, in the back yard. I did nothing. Big mistake. As if have pondered these beetles gone amuck, it has made me think about cancer. I think this beetle infestation was at a stage 2. Stage 4 would be a complete take over of our house. I am glad we saw them when we did, but I wish that I would have taken steps to eradicate them from our yard when I first saw them.
4 comments:
Nice analogy mom.
Love the comparison!!! Wouldn't we love to spray those old cancer cells and make them history? You are doing great Kathy...never loose your sense of humor...it is what I treasure most in you, that and your wild and crazy side!!!
Ooooh, I Do Not like Box Elder bugs!! Not a big fan of cancer either! Great comparison.
We have a new chart on our fridge marking Dad's journey with chemo and radiation. It was Chase's idea. He has wanted something to help him know when Grandpa gets to be done with the icky medicine. One week gladly crossed off!!
So sorry to hear about the Glenn's diagnosis. Please know that you are in our prayers half way across the world. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment