Glenn starts treatments tomorrow. He will have a consultation and teaching about the radiology and a nutrition class starting at 9:00. Then he will have his radiation treatment. After lunch he starts his infusions through the port that was put in last Monday. His schedule is; 1 and 1/2 hours of hydration and about 1 hour of Cisplatan, then another round of hydration. That will be a long day. The next 4 days he will have radiation treatments plus take Zeloda in pill form twice a day. We should be done before noon on Friday and we will head for home!
We bought a whole food juicer while we were in Utah and Glenn has made some wonderful apple juice. Kimberly's in laws have an apple press and they have invited us to go out there this Friday and make more apple juice. We are trying to eat more fruits and vegetables, that's good for us in any case!
We are taking Clark with us. He enjoys that time together, he just doesn't want to miss out on anything.
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
8 comments:
Good Luck Glenn! And as always you are in our prayers! Hope your body stays as strong as possible through all this!
I can't imagine anyone being more prepared than the two of you. I know it is hard to go through...I know it is even harder to watch. I am thankful you have each other. The two of you have the most incredible posterity. The strength of children and grandchildren...not to mention all of us friends...will be there if and when you need us. Love Ya, TONS!!!
Amen to the comment above! My friend has a favorite saying, "Every problem comes with a gift in its hand." May the gifts be evident and everywhere as Glenn begins his treatment! I hope to see you on the 19th when I'm in Seattle. Much love!
I feel like I am living each hour with you! I think about what time it is and what treatment Dad would be doing at that hour. We are STILL praying for minimal side effects. Oh, I wish he didn't have to do this.
Good luck, we are with you all the way. Thanks of the updates, your determination and optimism are inspiring.
How sweet that you are taking Clark. I'm sure he will be very attentive to Dad. I hope he will handle everything ok.
I've been thinking about you all day and wonderin how it is going. of course we are praying hard too for Dad and that his body will handle things well and that all of you will keep your spirits up. I'm so sorry you have to do this Dad.
Can you slip some ice cream into your apple juice? :)
Been thinking about the two of you all day.....sending love and prayers your way.
You were the focus of our fast this last weekend. What a JOY it was to go into Church and be greeted by President Perrins' warm smile. You are all learning so many valuable lessons and helping us see optimism, faith, endurance, etc right up close. Each time we look at the clock we ponder what you will be doing. Hugs!
Post a Comment