Friday, October 16, 2009

FRIDAY YEA!!!!!!!

I feel like celebrating! One week down! Glenn had a much better day today. We are home and the drive home was nice. It was nice to see the fall colors coming on the deciduous trees! Glenn got a little nauseated this morning. He had a little nap and then has felt pretty good since. He has one more dose of chemo to take tonight and I think he is trying to get off the hook. Hang in there!

I was shown the radiation equipment today and the whole procedure. They measure down to the centimeter. That has to allow for breathing, the slightest movement and any weight changes that may occur. I am so glad they are so careful.

This week end is going to go way too fast. Glenn gets to go to Spokane tomorrow to hear an Apostle, Elder Bednar. He will really enjoy that. I think I will tag along to make sure he gets his snacks. Also so that I can bring him home if he just isn't up to the day.

He got a little nauseated again this evening. It seems like it comes and goes. He is glad to be home.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you are home for the weekend. One week down. Way to go Glenn. I hope the following weeks go smoother for you.

Cary

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Hooray for milestones. I'm glad you're home.

Deanna/Mimi said...

What a choice experience it will be for Glenn to be with Elder Bednar. I am very glad you are going with him. You are a team and you need each other. Hugs

Danielle said...

One Week Down! Whoot Whoot!! We are thrilled for all of you. Hang in there, Dad! Be sure to take it easy...if you can!

Anonymous said...

So glad that the first week is over for you and you know more what to expect. Glad you have good, careful doctors. That certainly gave us confidence and comfort when Vaughn was having his radiation. Congratulations to Heather & Kirk! So happy for them! Good luck with the war on the miserable bugs!!! Glad we can keep up with Glenn's progress with your great blog. We send our love, Loye & Vaughn

Sarah Rowley said...

You are ever so thoughtful to go with Glenn to hear an apostle speak. The sacrifices you make each day...

So can you help making comparison's to how Glenn is feeling to pregnancy sometimes? I don't know if you got sick, come to think of it, I don't know any of your pregnancy stories! There has to be some good ones in there somewhere!