Glenn had is endoscopic ultrasound this morning. The tumor is contained as we have been praying for. His diagnosis is:
T 3 Which means the depth of the tumor. It is in the muscle of the stomach lining, but hasn't gone through. Yeah!
N zero Which means that there are no cancer cells in the lymph nodes. Yeah!
M zero Which means that it has not metastasized into the other organs of his body! Yeah!
We have not met with the oncologist yet, but the news today is that he will have to have chemo and/or radiation to shrink the tumor. Then he will have a major surgery. We will know more tomorrow what that means and where we will go for the treatments. At this point, it may be six weeks of treatment, 3-6 week rest and then surgery.
Thanks again for your interest and your faith and prayers. We feel them.
We had a tender mercy this morning as we were waiting for the shuttle to take us to the Medical Center. A girl who works there gave us a little tour of where we were going and where to catch the shuttle tomorrow morning. Glenn kept saying when he was coming out of anesthesia, "these people are so nice". I have to agree with him.
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
13 comments:
I'm glad they're nice. They'd better be! You better be royalty there. The tender mercies just keep piling up!
Yeah! We are so excited that things are looking good and we will continue to pray.
Kathy, I'm so glad to hear that Glenn's results were so good! You must be so relieved. This blog is such a good thing. I loved reading about Clark. I remember where I was sitting when you called to tell me of his birth. You knew what a blessing he would be to your family. I am thinking of and praying for you all. How long will you be in Seattle?
I just wanted to add YEAH YEAH YEAH to yours as well.
That is all terrific news. Liz and I, along with our small group from church, have been praying for Glenn.
Yeah. I am glad you had some uplifting news!!
Kathy I can't wait to visit....what great news!
Thanks for the update....the news sounds positive so far....let's lunch when you return....we love you guys.
It sounds like it's good news for a "not so fun thing" to go through. I just had a friend go through breast cancer and it alleviated a lot of my fears if I would ever have it. My prayers will continue! oxox
That is amazing...what a blessing!!! They say attitude is the best medicine (along with laughter). The two of you find joy in just being together. I often picture Glen standing at the pulpit with his glasses taped together after his bike accident...now there is a man with a sense of humor! Love Ya!!!
What good news!!! You guys remain in our prayers :)
God is great!!! I am so happy for you =) We will keep on praying too!
Debbie @ Granco
Oh, what a relief that the cancer is contained!!! What a blessing. Our thoughts and our prayers are with you each and every day. I do know how it feels when the doctor announces that "Yes, it is cancer." It's a blow, that's for sure. We do so admire your strength, your courage, and your faith. The treatment time will be tough, but it's amazing what the body can withstand. We pray that after that, all will be well. Thanks so much for sharing the blog with us. With love, Loye and Vaughn
Post a Comment