Tuesday, September 22, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLARK!

Clark in one of his favorite places, Nauvoo.

Clark was such a cute baby, I always thought that they should make a "CLARK" doll!
He was such a good little guy. Clark and I spent the first year of his life on the floor doing stimulation activities for hearing, touching, visual tracking, and motor skills. Clark's brothers and sisters also helped pattern him for crawling. Many of his siblings friends also remember working with Clark. When he was born, each of his siblings volunteered to teach him something specific, such as music, swimming, running, etc. He has been a great blessing for our family and his family has been a great blessing to him.
Clark is number 7 of 7 children. Sad to say our code word for him is
"Number 7".
Do you think he doesn't get it?

When Clark was is school, all of his teachers thought that he was so lucky to come from such a great family of so many brothers and sisters who loved him. We think that he also did so well because of his experience in church.

He could watch movies like "The Sword and the Stone" and he would memorize the parts. Here is doing "Mad Madam Mim". He could entertain us for hours!
He was able to be in a musical every year in High School. He loves to act and would love to be the lead. In music man he knew all of Harold Hill's lines. Maybe in the next life, Clark.


If Clark wasn't a Perrins, he would be a NELSON. Dan and Shelly have taken care of him so often when we have been out of town. They have seen it all! Now he works for Dan at Soil Test. I know this is a great gift, we are so thankful.
Clark has been in the 5k at the Moses Lake Spring Festival every year
since he was born! Here is with the Welty's in 2006.

Family in Deer Park when Clark's dad was raised.
Seth, Mom, Clark, Dad, Jeremy, Kimberly, Danielle.
This field was named after Clark's grandpa Perrins

He loves his Grandma Jensen.
Heather is the one who reminded me I had to make this post.
All of his sibblings are so good to him.


Erik is the one who made the Nauvoo reunion possible.


18 comments:

Danielle said...

What a guy! He was the most ADORABLE baby!! He was seriously addicting. Happy Birthday, Clarkus!!! I love you!!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I LOVE this post. I'm so glad you wrote it.

Could there be any better picture of him smiling so big in that family photo? That is a great one.

I had no idea all the kids took an area to teach him. Whoa. What a good idea. Whoever did the music and music appreciation really taught him well.

Clark's a great one. Happy belated Birthday Clark.

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

I can't believe how old Clark is. I have many fond memories of Clark, but a few are, one time when I was living with you and I came up for breakfast and very brightly said "goodmorning Clark" and he looked at me and said brightly "Good morning sunshine"!! Another time was at Steve Merchant's funeral, Tyrel said he told him very firmly that he had to take good care of me!! Thanks for the advice Clark, Tyrel takes very good care of me!!! One more was when we were younger he got into my pictures at the Tekoa house and colored on them with permanent marker and my mom was impressed that I didn't get mad and made a big deal about it and too me it was never a big deal, because Clark was so easy to love!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLARK!!!

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

I miss Clark! He was one of the first people to greet Nicole and I almost every Sunday. He has an incredible gift to make everyone feel loved and INVITED!!! I still have to laugh at his getting up in Fast Meeting and inviting EVERYONE to his Birthday Party. We have all been blessed for knowing Clark! Tell him I said hi and that we miss him!

Unknown said...

Clark is one of our favorite people! What a JOY it is to be greeted by him each Sunday as he passes out the programs in Sacrament meeting. We feel a little closer to heaven when we are around Clark. I can picture him before this life agreeing to help all of us during our earthly sojourn--and he is definitely doing that. I can picture him after this life continuing to love and help us more. Hope you had a great BD! We love you! Richard and Tamara Hogsett

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Clark!! Your a special spirit sent to a very special family!!!!

Birgitta said...

Happy Birthday Clark! He WAS a beautiful baby...I would have eaten him up! :)

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

Happy Birthday Clark. One fo my fondest memories of growing up was being is Mrs. Mather's class with Clark. He would bring us flowers from your garden and little notes. He would also read stories to the whole class. He is one amazing man!

Lilly Pyle said...

Happy Birthday Clark! I feel very grateful that I got to grow up knowing Clark. He has always been a source of friendship, inspiration, and entertainment. I can always get a good laugh out of Clark. What would 10th ward be without him? I really love the picture of him doing Mad Madam Mim, just the Clark I know and love. I hope he had a great day!

Anonymous said...

Life would certainly be very dull if Clark didn't shake things up a little bit! I love his enthusiasm for things, like sports, music, friends, and (ha!) girls! The sayings he comes up with just tickle my funny bone!

Happy Birthday Clark!

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Kathy. My email address is samanthaross05@gmail.com

Carolyn said...

Happy late birthday to Clark! What a truly great guy.

Lea Ann said...

I loved Madam Mim, I could have watched him all day doing that. I also remember you when we lived at the lake, on the floor with him trying to teach him how to crawl correctly. I think that was about the time my opinion of SCARY AUNT KATHY changed. You had so much patience with him. I think it started to hit me that maybe we were the problem. LOL. You have been a great mother for him and you are both lucky to have each other. I love you Clark.

Kings said...

oh i'm so upset i missed his birthday!!! spencer and i just love clark!!! tell him happy (late) birthday from us!

also we are all praying for your family. we love you all!

Kathy’s Korner said...

That is the sweetest ever that your scary aunt Kathy became not so scary after all. I do wish I had a "do over" and I would have started out like Mary Lou! Lea Ann, if you see this, send me your email address.

Lyndy said...

Clark will always hold a very special place in my heart. I love that kid. He truly was the sweetest, cutest baby ever! I love you Clark! Hope you had a wonderful birthday because YOU are wonderful! :) Lyndy

Heather said...

Love you so much Clark.. you're one cool dude! :) I miss my little baby brother sometimes though :) But you are doing so many great things in your old age and we are so proud of you.

We hope you had a happy birthday! You still have a birthday present coming from us!

Chandra said...

I stopped in to read the blog to check on Pres. Perrins. Scott was asking about his progress. I was also very happy to see this post about Clark. He is such a special young man. I enjoy subbing in seminary when I get to see Clark and I have always loved watching him with the baseball team while my son was playing. I'm thankful that my children have had Clark in their lives. Happy Belated birthday. Pres. Perrins is in our prayers.